Momof4kids68 back pay

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelscutoo, Aug 30, 2008.

1. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

When you got your back pay did they pay you from the date of disability or did they subtract the first 5 months and pay the rest of the time?
  2. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

Yes they did subtract the 5 months. I was approved for disability back to the last day I worked which was March 17, 2006. My disability eligibility date is Sept 17, 2006. You have to be "out of work" for 6 months before you are eligible for disability benefits. I don't know why but that's how they do it.

It was nice to get the backpay but to tell you the truth, I wish I hadn't had to wait so long. It's been really hard these past 2 1/2 years.

3. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I can imagine how hard it was for you and your family. How wonderful you can breathe a sigh of relief. I feel very fortunate to get anything. I am just shocked that they got this done in 4 months. Also very shocked that I was approved. I have heard such horror stories from others. Last night I slept better than I have for so many months and I think it was because the financial stress is going to be relieved.

Thanks for you quick response. I feel like I have made several friends on this site and it is nice to know they are there.

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I haven't been on in a while since I lost internet. I am back now (hopefully).

I bumped a post where people add their testimonies for those who are still waiting. To give them hope and help.

I also was approved quickly - thank God.

you don't have to answer every question but if you want to, that would be awesome.