Mom's Neighbor Unable to Work...Very Fatigued Please Read .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Sep 17, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Okay, I would really like some input or thoughts here! Seeing as I have such 'experts' here who know more than many doctors! LOL

I asked my Mom why her young neighbors home is for sale. They built their dream home and haven't lived there long.

The husband has had very bad bouts with diaherra (sp) and is extremely fatigued. He's in bed most of the time. They visited IU Med Center, who thought he had Celiac Sprue. They don't believe it is, now. He will be seeing a new doctor.

He's been off work for a year. I guess he hasn't lost weight. His 'loving' parents both tell he and his wife, that he looks fine and ask if it's all in his head. Dang, does this sound familiar at all?

On top of this they have a two year old with heart problems, and another child. My heart and prayers go out to them.

Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what you think it could be? The diahrrea is what puzzles me.

I realize no one can diagnose, and we are not doctors. Just thought some input might be helpful. Maybe they could use it to at least research and present to their doctor.

Appreciate any input!

Hugs,

Kim
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Not knowing all of his symptoms, he could have cfs/ibs.

I keep thinking about how he 'looks good' and the 'is it a mental problem' comments made by his parents. So typical for someone who has an 'invisible' illness...

kim
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Not knowing additional symptoms it could be anything. Liver disease, IBS (which is usually an accopanying symptom to another disease), stomach problems like cancer, bleeding ulcers, etc. It could be alot of things. fatigue would come with all those as well as with FM and/or CFS.

My stepdad passed away from liver cancer, and the first couple of years he only had back pain and diarreah after meals, he didn't loose weight until the very last year when he also turned all yellow from the liver damage. The liver transplant failed.

Hopefully it's something less bad than what he had!
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

but I thought that I would share that I had dreadful diarrhea for 2 months before I came down with CFS and then FM. My CFS doctor believes that "all disease begins in the bowel" so this may not be useful information at all.

I think that it was all brought on by stress. While still suffering with diarrhea we went on a trip to DisneyWorld with the kids. It was a very busy and very stressful trip with Christmas thrown in there just to make sure I had added stress!

And did I mention my parents were living there too so we had to go visit as often as we could.

I felt fine when we got home but less than 2 wks later I came down with mono, followed immediately by CFS.

So I would think that the stress of the baby with the heart problems could have triggered something.

I will pray for this poor family.
    Pepper
  5. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

It could be Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. Diarrhea is a common symptom although weight loss is evidently also a common symptom. Here's a link to some info from medicinenet.com

http://www.medicinenet.com/crohns_disease/article.htm

It's a horrible disease, extremely painful and dehibilitating...I hope your neighbour is okay and finds answers soon, my heart goes out to him.

Wishing you well, nature
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am saving your posts to hopefully, share with he and his wife as possibilities.

While we can't doctor, we still have much more experience with all of the different illness's that aren't given attention to.

They have to move due to his not having a job. His wife works but they cannot afford the home they are in.

Thanks for all of your input!

Kim