Mono for 6 wks with no voice-give me 1 product most beneficial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darlee, May 6, 2003.

1. darlee

darlee New Member

Hi, I am into the 6th week of no talking-blood test came out acute active mono-at first I couldn't swallow anything but liquids-now I can eat soups and stews- dr said to rest until november! Anybody else not able to talk with this? And another question-I go back 1st week in June for another blood test-can this ebv, cytomegla something stick with me, even after mono ebbs- I always push myself after my brain surgery, my ankle surgery, my fibro ect, so my friends say-are you sure you have mono? I am forcing myself to rest even if I can't sleep, cause dr. scared me and said I could get a cold and get pneumonia or not rest and have relapse. So, I asked him what could I take to boost my immune system and he said -super b vitamins with C . I already take MSN, a super multi-vitamin 2 500 mgs of C, 400 mgs of magnesium, fishoil pill. Is there something (one great product)that you all thinks will truley help me? I got on the pro-health and immune support supplement pages and my head is swimming and I don't have any money to waste-and no energy to wade thru it all- any suggestions?-#l product!
    darlee
  2. herekitty

herekitty New Member

I think the one product that helped me finally shake mono was MGN3. It wasn't cheap, but it worked for me.
    Kitty =^..^=
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

It has been the most effective supplement, and is suppose to be an anti-viral...Wish I had known about it when I had MONO/HEPatitis, which I think triggered all the problems to follow...
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Take something for your liver like milk thistle. I didn't have a case of mono nearly as serious as yours, yet my liver was pretty enlarged. I actually took pangamic acid at the time, now I understand this is not recommended. But milk thistle is safe & will help your liver heal. Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I agree w/ your Doctor---Super B vitamins with C.
    I would ask him if he could give you some additional help with a few B-12 and B-Complex IM Injections, too.

Best wishes, Sorry you are feeling so bad!
    LL
  6. darlee

darlee New Member

Thank you for the suggestions, my doc doesn't believe in the b12 or other shots, I had asked that one already. I went to someone my personal friend who is a chiropracter wanted me to go to. She has been selling Natures way for 30 years and I got superduper b's and an organic green mix. I am going to look up this mgn3 stuff.never heard of.
    and I may get olive leaf extract if not too expensive.

darlee
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Any of a variety of the Herpes-family virus. I assume that the doc ran tests and that is why he says it is mono. Herpes-family viruses can reactivate any time our immune systems are overstressed. The rest of the time, they lie dormant in our systems.

I recently was put on Famvir and it was great. It's specifically for Herpes viruses. Ask you doc about it.

Love, Mikie