Monolaurin anybody? Dosage question please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cynny3, Mar 11, 2006.

1. cynny3

cynny3 New Member

Hi,
    I just started taking Monolaurin today, 600 mgs. I'm not sure how much I'm suppose to take and I've read that herxing was a problem for many who take it.

Can someone please help me with the dosage question? I'm currently fighting off another sinus infection and thought monolaurin might help but don't know how much I'm suppose to take.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me!

Cynthia

[This Message was Edited on 03/11/2006]
  2. cynny3

cynny3 New Member

thanks for sharing your experience. I will try the 300mg AM and PM with meals and see how that goes. I really appreciate being apart of this board. It has really helped ease my feelings of being a "martian" with this disorder!

Best, Cynthia
  3. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

According to Mary Enig Ph.D., an expert on lauric acid:

"Based on her calculations on the amount of lauric acid found in human Mother's milk, Dr. Enig suggests a rich lauric acid diet would contain about 24 grams of lauric acid daily for the average adult. This amount could be found in about 3.5 tablespoons of coconut oil or 10 ounces of "Pure Coconut Milk." Coconut Milk is made in Sri Lanka and imported into the United States. It can be found in health food stores and in local grocery stores in the International Foods section or in specialty grocery stores that sell products imported from Thailand, the Philippines or East India. About 7 ounces of raw coconut daily would contain 24 grams of lauric acid. 24 grams of lauric acid is the therapeutic daily dose for adults suggested by Mary Enig based on her research of the lauric acid content of mother's milk."
    -- Mark Konlee, Coconut Research Center

Also, another reference recommends 8 x 300 mg. Monolaurin capsules/day to achieve a therapeutic dose.

One assumes a therapeutic dose is one helpful in treating various viral or other pathogen problems.
  4. cynny3

cynny3 New Member

Hi, thanks for looking that up. So I'll try taking it 3 times a day. Did it help you?

I also have EBV and I think whenever it flairs, it goes straight into my sinuses and causes recurrent sinusitis.

My doctor also gave me something called Kutapressin that I inject twice a day. It also is suppose to suppress EBV.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!!

Cynthia