Montel Williams/Dr. Oz on Oprah NOW-pain of MS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ulala, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ulala

ulala New Member

and how he deals with it. He said the pain in his feet were so bad he sat in the closet with a gun in his mouth trying to figure out how to stop the terrible pain in his feet
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

My sis has MS and she has become totally disgusted at times when people have told her "MS doesn't hurt." She, too, has bouts of terrible leg and foot pain. Has hit the ER a few times just to get relief.
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

see the Oprah segment? It was pretty powerful. Montel cried quite a bit about what he has been through and the pain that he has endured. I hope a cure is found soon so that the suffering ends. I can't believe that people would be so callous, as to say that MS doesn't hurt. I feel sorry for them that the lack the ability to empathize with others who are hurting.
  4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I watched the show today also. Another one to watch is the Doctors. The Doctors has a variety of medical issues, much information.

I see that Prohealth has added a MS board, this is wonderful.

Montel did very well explaining all his symptoms. From what i understand MS is very painful.

5. sascha

sascha Member

Montel sure has been through it- and is going through it. he copes in inspirational ways.

and he makes the point that people often judge us people with illnesses based on the fact that we don't 'look' sick. i have great people around me who get and accept what i'm dealing with, but some relatives i found out make assumptions and have passed judgment, wondering if i'm a hypochondriac; whether i'm clinically depressed; emotionally upset-- it's surprising how people ascribe meaning to something they know nothing about! i guess it's a human impulse and i undoubtedly do it myself at times, but maybe our illness teaches us not to do this so much.

Montel is great- he approaches life and its struggles and triumphs with such passion. he does a lot of good sharing his story. Sascha