Montoya Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gettingwell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. gettingwell

gettingwell New Member

Like most of you, I am eagerly awaiting Montoya's results, although I know that I should not get my hopes up.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the participants in the study were not allowed to talk about their experiences with the public? I am wondering if that is the reason we rarely hear from these people on this board.

Does anyone know what day he will present and when the findings will be made available to us?

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. i think the results will be announced on june 23rd satellite conference organized by the HHV6 foundation.

while it is true that the resuls probably won't be exactly what we had hoped, i am getting the feeling that there is at least some positive response to the antivirals and this will open the door to more investigation.

i get the idea that dr. lerner feels that the antiviral protocols fail because the medications are not given long enough, and perhaps valtrex should be given after valcyte, for further improvement (and depending on the viruses involved)...?

i myself did not improve on valcyte but do feel a little better on valtrex, which i have taken only 1 1/2 month so far.

3. sascha

sascha Member

asked not to talk about results until after they were made public (at the HHV6 conference in Maryland June 19-22). i sure am looking forward to this.

so i guess check the HHV6 website: after the conference. i'm sure i'll be checking during the conference- can't wait. Sascha