Mood Swings. .and Fibromyalgia....Help !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I am really on a roll here, one posting after another this morning, guess I am tired of just reading and not posting to often...I am so fed up with my mood-swings, but at least I know I am having them, worse if I didn't know. I actually feel them coming on, one after another. Sometimes I don't know if it the menopause, 49yrs old, or the fibro/chronic fatigue, or side affects from all the medications, wow, feel like a mental case. You know, all these anti-depressants we are on can make us a little nuts you know, along with the pain killers, and so on and so forth. What a combination of pills, so you see I don't know who or what the hell I am anymore...or who I have become..but one minute I am crying, the next I am so accepting and grateful for not having it as bad as others, or next minute I am pissed right off at my condition, next I am envious of others, the moods go on and on...I try to stay in the accepting stage but very hard to do. PLease someone tell me if these moods are normal, cause I go out of my mind with them, and recently I have met a wonderful man, who says he loves me for who I am, wonder what mood he loves me in...or what he loves me for...lol....supposed to be married in the summer too...one good thing going for me. Just getting so nervous about it!!!! Moody sharon5650
  2. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

3. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Mood swings are just a part of life for me. I have already gone thru menopause due to surgery years ago. I too am 49 and I think my ups and downs are from the pain and fatigue. I don't take antidepressents. They would work for a while then I would be in worse shape. I do however take Xanax for panic/anxiety attacks. Kind of sounds like to me that you may be having some of these. Maybe you should ask your doctor about this. Could be you are just anxious about pleasing your husband to be and not scaring him off because of this DD. I would think anyone would be that knows how we feel. Just take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you have someone that loves you with these problems. Some husbands aren't so good about it according to the posts I have read here. Mine is about 50/50. He tries but when the days go on and on, he gets a little cranky with me but if that is all the problems I have, I can live with them. Just vent here anytime you need to. I have found that I turn to these people anytime something is bothering me and it turns out, they are becoming my life line. Hope it will be for you too.
    Best wishes for a very happy future.
    Stinker56
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... I have had more mood swings too .. and I just went through a cycle with no period .. so I was trying to deal with the fact that I am really going into menopause now .. but holy cow ! ... THAT with all of this too ? ..
    I don't have any answers for you Sharon5650 ... I just know I'm in the same boat .. but I'm married for almost 29 years and we are fine .. so I do understand that you are worried about the impact of all of this on your new relationship .. perhaps if you really have a in depth .. heart to heart talk with your fellow and explain what you are going through ? .. it might put you at ease ?
    In any case .. I wish you well and good luck !
    Fudge : )
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Remember that we are experiencing the stages of grief-grieving for the lives we once had, lost relationships and trying to discover who we are now. I have found that even though I have reached the acceptance stage (this doesn't mean giving up!), it's not uncommon for us to take some steps back into the other stages like anger and denial.

After all, we are only human and it is natural for us to have days when we feel overwhelmed or not sure how we can go on. For myself, having a strong faith does help. Without it, everything would seem meaningless.

Sometimes I have felt bad when I snap at loved ones. My poor husband takes the brunt of it. I have really worked on not taking it out on others when I am having a bad day. Of course it is not always easy. I often have to apologize.

I am 47 years old and now that menopause is not far away for me. Certainly this will affect your moods. I am sorry I am not able to help you more, but I hope that I have given you some encouragement. Isn't is wonderful that we have this board to come to and can talk to others who really understand?

Ellen
  6. kcollins

kcollins New Member

Hi Sharon,
    I agree, this dd can really make you moody! As I read your post, though, I felt I should share my experience with you in case it could help. I have family members who have had very bad reactions to antidepressants. They can cause dramatic mood swings and the FDA in the US even added black box warnings to most antidepressants last year warning that they can worsen mood symptoms in some and even lead to suicidal thoughts in some who react badly to these drugs. There is extra concern for people with a family history of bipolar disorder which is the case here. You might want to talk to your doctor about this if you think the moods have worsened since starting or increasing your antidepressant med.. Hope you feel better soon!
    Take care,
    Kathy