Moose ticks: Video

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by munch1958, Mar 8, 2008.

1. munch1958

munch1958 Member

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/player.html?channel=1797

This is a video of moose ticks in action. Very interesting!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

LOL... but I can't help but feel queasy at the thought. Hate watching mosquitos in action too. Well, I can't watch them stick a needle in me either, whether it's accupuncture, shot or blood draw.... and even tho I've given myself B12 shots (I didn't watch either LOL, in fact had to sit so I wouldn't literally 'jump' away from myself!)

Altho I don't have problems reading about ticks, or reading about/watching the spirochetes etc in action for some reason... perhaps because the spirochetes are so extremely small it's not quite as 'squirmy real'.

Or maybe it's because it's the same reason it's hard for me to watch the actual magnification of the 'critters' that live on us normally -- while at the same time I INTELLECTUALLY find it extremely interesting reading...

if that makes any sense at all, LOL! Funny in a weird way, as usual. Now I remember why I had a hard time with some things in biology, certain things made my stomach literally turn. Too good of a literal imagination maybe...

;)
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 03/09/2008]
  3. highcotton

highcotton New Member

i got my hubby to watch it and he was totally grossed out. it made me sick at heart to see those poor moose suffering.

i forgot to add -- why didn't those fish and game guys KILL the ticks with some kind of insecticide before they loaded the dead moose in their truck?!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/09/2008]
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Those moos ticks were huge so I think the workers could have plucked them off. But I was wondering how many of the DNR workers have Lyme too!??

My DH watched it with me and I couldn't resist adding my comments.

When they said it was a terrible way to die. I said ...Yeah, it's a terrible way to live too.

And, when they called them "ghost moose" a new name was born in our household.

Ghost people!!! I feel like a shadow of my former self.