More About DH Military, WORRIED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aka1977, Jul 9, 2006.

1. aka1977

aka1977 New Member

Hey all, first of all thank you for all your support with the post from earlier it is nice to hear kind words. I have some more worries though. O.k. my dh had a problem with migraines for while he was taking Inderal for awhile. Well when he talked to the recruiter he was like oh you have had some headaches. Well like I said my dh said migrains.

Well my dh was scheduled for his MEPS physical on this Thursday, I didn't feel comfortable not telling the truth, and the recruiter was like oh I have amnesia alot like he didn't hear anything about headaches and basically told my dh don't bring it up, if you don't tell they won't know. Well like I said neither my dh or myself are comfortable with lying about anything.

So I told my dh he is going to go to his doctor and get cleared and they'll have to do a waiver. If they won't take him for being honest will then that wasn't meant to be. Do any of you know are all the other branches so strict about headaches and other health issues? Any advice I would apperciate greatly.

Thanks,
    Amy
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My son has migraines and asthma (allergic) and it was no problem getting in the marines with his meds listed nor transfering later to Navy for his officer training and training as Seal.

I cannot understand why the officer acted this way. He gets his migraine meds via the service pharmacy.

Lots of service personnel have health issues of one sort or another.

Love Anne Cromwell