More Church Bulletin Fun

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Feb 25, 2010.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

For the group of ladies called Moms Who Care and pray for the children in school. When their meeting was cancelled one week: There will be no Moms who care this week.

~ A woman's blouse was found at a table in the middle of the usher appreciation dinner. If you lost your blouse, please come to the church office.

~ A worm welcome to all who have come today.

~ Hymn: "I Love Thee My Ford."

~ Helpers are needed! Please sign up on the information sheep.

~ Diana and David request your presents at their wedding.

~ Lent is that period for preparing for Holy Weed and Easter.

~ We pray that our people will jumble themselves.

~ Hymn of Response: Crown Him With Many Cows.

~ Child care provided with reservations.

~ Tonight, Pastor will preach on "Diving Healing."

~ Were you there when they laid Him in the bomb?

~ Christ is a member of Boy Scout Troop 36.

~ Mark your calendars not to attend the church retreat.

You know that list of bloopers from church bulletins that's been circulating for
    the past several years. Well, this isn't it. This is another list.

~ My joke is easy and my burden is light.

~ I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirty and you gave me drink.

~ We are an autonomous body, operating under the hardship of Jesus Christ.

~ The Honeymooners are now having bile studies each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m.

~ The visiting monster today is Rev. Jack Wilson.

~ Boars of Trustees meet after church today.

~ We are always happy to have you sue our facility.

~ Hymn: I Need Three Every Hour.

~ All children are requested to bring fresh followers to decorate the cross for Easter Sunday.

~ The King's Bras will present a concert at our church this evening at 6:00 pm.

From the good, clean funnies site.

2. victoria

victoria New Member

I love the typo, "Holy Weed" -- sounds like something Batman or Robin might say...

thanks for all the new ones!

3. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I've forwarded them to all my buddies. I needed the chuckle today, will Spring ever come????????

P.S. I wonder were I could locate some Holy Weed??[This Message was Edited on 02/26/2010]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, Holy Weed sounds like fun. As Victoria said, something one might have
    heard on the old Batman show from the 60s.

"Holy Weed, Batman! He's escaping through the church garden."

I've been taking Holy Basil lately. It's called that to distinguish it from the
    culinary basil. Highly regarded by the East Indians and often planted around
    temples, I read.

It used to be in Minnesota that winter ended same time March did. The snow and
    ice melted. Then, first week in April, there'd be a sort of token snowfall. The
    snow would melt in an hour or two. Then you knew it was really Spring at last.

(But maybe worbal gloaming has changed all that.)

In college everydobby was so glad for winter to be over, we would sometimes hold
    classes outside. Just sit on the grass and soak up some sunshine along w/ knowledge.

Say Hi to hubby. I almost feel like I know him. I wonder if he'd like to read
    "Little Heathens" by Mildred Armstrong Kalish. Author was a professor recalling her
    childhood on a farm in Benton County, Iowa, during the Great Depression.

Wonderful book although I skipped the first chapter or two.

5. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I'll tell the hubs about "Little Heathens". Funny though, siince he reitred from teaching (44 years) he hasn't been into reading that much, other than his beloved Vineline mag (we're Chicago Cub fans).

When we met almost 13 years ago now my first question was are you a Bear or Packer fan?? Since we lived in WI I was afraid he was a Cheesehead. Happily he passed the test, not only was he a Bear fan but a die-hard Cub fan as well. Once I told him that I was a shirt-tail relative of one of the '69 Cubs, and that that person's parents had given me an autographed baseball of all the '69 Cubs, the man proposed right on the spot. We've now been married almost 11 years. Can I pick 'em or not. BTW - I grew up in Illinois but just across the border, like you were on the MN, Iowa border. I will admit though, on these dark, dreary winter days I sometimes question if he married me for ME or for my baseball - LOL.

It's cool that you feel almost as though you know him. At least once a week when he knows I'm online here he says, So, how is Rock?? What's he been saying lately?" Guess it's that Midwest spirit.

Love to you & Gordon,

P.S. Larry just got up and I read him your post. He said he remembers sitting outside at Luther for some of his classes. Also, he is pretty sure that his brother was also a guide at one of the caves in Harmony during his breaks at Luther. Larry said that would have been the late '60's, or early '70's. Also, while in high school it was Benton County who beat them out in the basketball tournament. Larry was team manager because he had just recovered from polio and didn't have his brace yet. You two really should chat. Lots of common memories.

Edited to add P.S.[This Message was Edited on 02/27/2010]
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I grew up 10 miles north of Chicago (suburbialand)....... managed to go to a few Cubs home games the summer of 1967. I'm not a 'real fan', but it was so much fun to sit in the park with friends as a teenager...

Wobal Gloaming is now MY favorite word of all time, LOL! Thanks Rock, you certainly can twist words with a flair!

yur fan,

7. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Sorry, just checked this thread again and noticed your post. I agree, Wrigley is a special place. I've been to several ballparks but the Friendly Confines of Wrigley remains at the top of my list.

You and I could have been to the same games.