More confused/foggy when really tired ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi everyone!
    Hope this day finds us all having a "better' day~
    few and far between, I know.

Just wondered if I'm NORMAL in that,.. whenever I'm very tired or extremely exhausted,(which can come and hit me out of the blue) I get very brain-deadened.
    I really have to think extra hard to think.
    am I making any sense cause I have that feeling now.
    thats what prompted me to ask here.
    I have Fibro tho suspect both FM/CF.

I notice I'm more easily pissed off too.
    I have no patience with my family/kids.
    I feel as tho my body/brain NEEDS more than anything to sleep and untill I get it half my brain shuts down!!! ???
    I don't know. I hope its not just me~
    Its a scary feeling.
    Thanks for being here and reading/replying~
    Hugs
    Tandy
    I feel like I need a slap up-side the head!! LOL
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I think that there is so much a body can bear and it starts to shut down to get the good sleep and repair itself(the sleep, now,that's another matter
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I think that is completely "normal". I get this way too. After I work all week, I usually crash on the weekends and it takes pretty much everything I have just to get out of bed and try to function. I find that I'm easily irritated and trying to engage in any intelligent conversation is out of the question. It usually takes me all weekend just to try to recover and get somewhat ready to work the next week. And even then, by the time I get home at night I am just completely exhausted and pretty useless to the world.
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

When I am tired or exhausted, I am far more emotional than normal, and my mind just shuts down...I can't deal with anything, don't want to think, can't think, and then react either by crying, being short, or just zoning out.

Things can tip me that way even if I've had a good night's sleep (which I have been lately!)...talked to my parents today and their news just zapped me, and all I've done is busy work, to keep my hands busy and not think. There are decisions and plans I have to make, but even as I write this, I can't make myself think or act on anything. Just want to go to bed and cry.

Guess we are normal for DD's. Sad, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Best wishes for a better evening and tomorrow.

Sue
  5. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

Thanks for asking that question Tandy. I have the exact same feelings and I was wondering if others felt that way also.
  6. vickiw

vickiw Member

and when I crash, the brain goes too. At those times, if you even ask me my name, I really have to think about it...

Vicki (that's my name...I'm having a good day :))
  7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

His only answer to me was that it is the fog with fibro and when it hits to get extra rest. Good idea but when you can't sleep for the pain, it is kind of difficult to get extra rest. DUH! Sometimes I wonder why I bother going to a doctor. It is always the same explanations with no solutions. Anyone else out there feel this way?
    And yes I agree with you, it is very scary when this happens.
    Stinker56
  8. Moonshyne

Moonshyne New Member

Absolutely... get far worse when tired on all levels..

With all the other ailments that come with CFS .. . there's no longer anything left that is normal...

9. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Not just you, I think we are all like that, know I am. I've had a really bad period lately as well and am sooooo tired and foggy, just about can't see through it! LOL

Don't mean to make light of such a miserable thing, but if I don't, I fear I'll go bananas these days.

Take care. Warm hugs, Jeannette
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Glad to hear from each of you :)

I'm Normal!!! yea!!
    I don't mean to make light of an erie symptom either.
    But,...I'd go nuts if I did'nt.
    I just wish there was a pill for this!!
    or something that helped~ cause a lil catnap does'nt help me.
    When this hits I need mega sleep!! like 12 hrs~
    LOL
    take care,..
    I'm heading to bed now.
    Hugs
    Tandy
  11. 15FIBRO

15FIBRO New Member

I HAVE HAD FIBRO FOR 15 YEARS AND I CAN'T EVEN AT TIMES REMEMBER IF I TOOK MY MEDICINE. I CAN TAKE MY MEDICINE AND NOT REMEMBER IF I DID OR NOT. I JUST DON'T TAKE IT IF I CAN'T REMEMBER. I CAN'T REMEMBER NAMES ETC. IT ISN'T NICE BUT THANK THE LORD WE DO HAVE SOME MEMORY AND THERE ARE THOSE WORSE THAN US IS WHAT I HAVE TO TELL MY SELF EVERY DAY . I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER AND HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]