More FibroFog Its so bad its funny

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shelle16, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

If anyone needs a good laugh well I have done two stupid things in the last two days.
    Yesterday I went to the bank for a patient after leaving the bank I got on down the road and realize that i had'nt put he little plastic tube back in the slot it was in my front sit! I wanted cry but I laughed .(still have'nt returned it too embaressed.

Okay 2nd stupid thing I did - Today I was cooking a frozen pizza and I cooked it with the cardboard on the bottom.It seems like it is getting really bad. I lost a check for 80.00 dollars for about 12 hours(frantic)bu I found it. I also have lost a $10.00 bill from friday night intil Saturday night still havent found it. Believe me I don't have money to throw away or lose.I go back to the doctor wednesday any suggestions?
  2. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

If anyone needs a good laugh well I have done two stupid things in the last two days.
    Yesterday I went to the bank for a patient after leaving the bank I got on down the road and realize that i had'nt put he little plastic tube back in the slot it was in my front sit! I wanted cry but I laughed .(still have'nt returned it too embaressed.

Okay 2nd stupid thing I did - Today I was cooking a frozen pizza and I cooked it with the cardboard on the bottom.It seems like it is getting really bad. I lost a check for 80.00 dollars for about 12 hours(frantic)bu I found it. I also have lost a $10.00 bill from friday night intil Saturday night still havent found it. Believe me I don't have money to throw away or lose.I go back to the doctor wednesday any suggestions?
  3. kellym

kellym New Member

I understand how you feel! I feel like I've turned into a crazy airhead from this DD. My husband sometimes gets really put out with my forgetfullness. And its really hard at my little part-time job sometimes when I forget to do stuff. Don't know what to tell you to help, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
    But, I would take back the plastic tube from the bank. I think they might be able to trace it back to the last customer that used it and will charge that account or something. When I get that embarrassed about the fibrofog, I usually just make jokes about myself to try and lighten the situation, and that way others don't get mad.

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

to the brain fog you are having. I have a lot going on in my life right now (hopefully that will change in a few months) so my brain fog is bad right now, too. I had to laugh at your stories, especially the one about the bank! Even though you will feel silly, you probably should return it. I guess we could cry when these things happen, but it does feel better to laugh.

I'm not sure what to suggest about the brain fog. My husband is getting used to checking with me all the time. Good thing he does-last month I almost forgot to pay the mortgage!

Ellen
  5. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

Shelle16 I know what you are feeling.. except my 10 yr old was in the car w/ me and she WILL NOT let me forget.. she told the WHOLE family at Thanksgiving!!! Neddless to say I will not be taking her to the bank w/ me anytime soon... although she does come in quite handy when I forget whereI parked the car at the mall.. or walmart. It is a big joke around here .. about how forgetfull I have been lately..(as if that is funny) I personally dont think that it is funny at all..I used to remember EVERYTHING now I forget just about EVERYTHING.. like picking the girls up ...at school.. But is seems to happen (the fog) when I otherwise am feeling fine that day.. ie not in as much pain.. SO I guess that it could be worse...
  6. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I did the same thing with frozen pizza! I cooked it with the bottom on, and when I gave it to my son he looked at me like I was crazy!

I also lose things. When I went into the hospital for my surgery 3 weeks ago, I had my husband take my military I.D. card - that is used as our insurance card. When I got home, I looked in my wallet and it wasn't there. I asked him where the card was, and he said he put it on my nightstand. I looked all over and still can't find it! I probably threw it out with some papers I got rid of. Of course, I can't remember if I did or not, so I guess we'll never know for sure. Brain-fog!!!!!
  7. twjen

twjen New Member

I have done some pretty funny stuff with this flare also.
    Sorry you too, but nice to know Im not alone. Ive had my car for 2 years, two weeks ago I sat in the car for many minutes at the gas station looking frantically for the gas tank opener, I popped the trunk, etc. Only to realize that my car doesnt have one. Ive lost many things (my husband jokes and says if it is more than 5 minutes ago I wont remember). I looked for keys that were in my hand, wrote several checks with the wrong date. Had to try to concentrate to remember how to spell common words, how to drive (been driving for 19 years). It even gets much worse at pms and mensta. time! I get so dizzy with this it feels like blood is being cut off from my brain (what brain LOL).
    Its embarrassing sometimes, but then agian sometimes it is pretty funny, better to laugh than to cry at times. Im only 35. Everyone has forgettfull moments, but with this DD it gets pretty weird when your brain is lost inside somewhere. Im in my pms time now and really feel "out of it" the fog among the increased physical stuff. Sometimes I forget street coordin. and where I am for a few seconds, its scary. I try to stay close to home at this time, maybe you should recognize those "worse" days and do the same.
    I do get scared that I will get into an accident, or get really lost, thats how foggy my head gets. Anyway, your not alone, I also think the Dr.'s, scientists, whoever are really missing something with this fog thing. Write again.
    Best Wishes, Happy Holidays, Jennifer
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Well I guess you can see you are not alone. This is a miserable part of this illness.

I would probably run out of space here writing the things I have done or did not do because of the fog. Since I have had Fibro for 20 years, I have enough material for a good size book!

I did fine something that has cut the fog a great deal lately.

This works for me; I take 'Ultra B-Complex(High potency with Folic Acid) one capsule a day. Can be bought here at Pro Health.

Also I drink half my body weight in ounces of water per day too.

This combination seems to keep the Fog down pretty good.
    I only get bad if I am tired, stressed, or just plain out of it! Other than the above I feel almost normal again.

I can even read and retain what I read, dates and all. This was a real tragedy for me, as I am big on books!

Sometimes I would have to read the same chapter over and over to get the meaning. But its so much better now.

Hope you find what helps you. It is such a miserable part of Fibro.

Shalom, Shirl

9. jesuslover

jesuslover New Member

One time, I was carrying the cordless phone in my walker basket (I have peripheral neuropathy, too), along with the tv remote. I pressed the buttons on the phone and wondered why the tv wouldn't come on. Another time, I had both the phone and the remote, and when the phone rang I put the remote up to my ear and actually said, "Hello?" before realizing that the phone was still ringing. By the time I answered the real phone, the person calling had hung up, which was okay since I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk anyway. I've already taken the handicapped parking card out of the window instead of putting it in.
    The worst, though,(and this could have been a disaster had it not been caught in time), was the time I was cleaning up after supper and put the ice cream in the pantry and the bowl in the freezer. Fortunately, I had to open the pantry door a few seconds later so I caught the mistake. Was grateful that I did not have to clean up ice cream soup off the floor.

Nancy S.
  10. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Thanks everyone for all the posts it really helps to know your not alone.I wish we all lived in the same area some we could give each other support daily.Thanks Shirl for the sugestion of Ultra B-comlex.I think I will give it a try. I'm willing to give anything try.
    Momof 3 did you return the bank thing ? I still haven't return mine. I will its just so embarissing

Shelle
  11. teach6

teach6 New Member

Lately I have been losing more things and doing more weird things than usual. Don't feel bad about losing something minor. I've lost my alimony check for this month. I know it came while we had company for Thanksgiving. I tried to put it where it wouldn't get lost, but I've lost it. It's for a pretty hefty sum (more than my SSDI payment will be if I ever get approved).

I got a call from a doctor's office a couple of days ago to tell me I sent an empty payment envelope to them. Luckily this was the office of the psychologist who did neuro/psych testing for my SSDI claim. He's kind of ditzy and according to his report I'm way past that!

These are only two of the many examples I could give you of things that have happened to me in the past week!

Barbara
  12. polliwog

polliwog New Member

Golly gee---ain't the fog fun? I'd laugh or cry, but I've already forgotten why I should do either! No foolin' though, it isn't at all funny, but sometimes we just need to laugh or we would cry. I don't know if you saw my post several weeks ago, but in essence it said that I joined this group, got a "handle and password" and then forgot what the name of the site and the group was! I finally went back through the urls stored on my computer and just clicked until I found you'all again! Several days had passed before I finally figgured how to find it again! The worst for me is when someone calls on the phone, and I forget why they called, sometimes even before I hang up! If it is an appointment or something, I usually ask the person to call and remind me again. I write them down and post them on the fridge (I figure I will get hungry sooner or later and see them there:) Anyhow------Love Polliwog
  13. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You know what I did a few days ago, accidently threw away
    a $1200 check. We couldn`t find this check anywhere so we
    finally looked in the garbage and it was there. I had cleaned off my kitchen table and not noticed it in the pile of papers I threw away.

I felt like a total dittz. My hubby didn`t even get mad a me about though which was sweet.

I just feel like I`m trusting myself less and less with things like this. I don`t know what spacey thing I`m
    going do next!