More Financial aid for those with kids in college next year.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jul 2, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I received an e-mail from the department of Ed. If you have a child in college that already qualifies for the Pell grant, they are giving more money if your child completed what they call a rigorous high school program.

I received an e-mail because I gave them my e-mail when I filled out the FAFSA. If anyone needs their web address, let me know. I think they could get an extra $750 the first year and more the second. Hope this might help somebody.
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by a rigorous high school program. My daughter did early enrollment, so that might count.

Can you give me the web address ? Thanks .. Marcia
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

https://fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/fotw0607/ACGServlet

Here's part of the info:

The Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) is a new student aid grant program recently created by changes in Federal law. To be eligible for this grant a student must:

Be a U.S. citizen
    Be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant
    Be a first or second year undergraduate student
    Have completed a rigorous high school program of study after January 1, 2005
    Be enrolled full-time in a two or four year degree program.

It will give you the criteria for a rigorous program. Basically, they have to have a 3 or more on two AP exams or meet other requirements like four years of english, etc. Good luck.

4. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

https://fafsa.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/fotw0607/ACGServlet

Here's part of the info:

The Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) is a new student aid grant program recently created by changes in Federal law. To be eligible for this grant a student must:

Be a U.S. citizen
    Be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant
    Be a first or second year undergraduate student
    Have completed a rigorous high school program of study after January 1, 2005
    Be enrolled full-time in a two or four year degree program.

It will give you the criteria for a rigorous program. Basically, they have to have a 3 or more on two AP exams or meet other requirements like four years of english, etc. Good luck.

5. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you for posting that website. Any financial aid is appreciated.

Hugs ... Marcia