More frustrated after seeing doctor...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FoggyDayz, Apr 4, 2006.

1. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

After diagnosing me a year ago with FM, he has now decided that I am just depressed.

I take Relafen (sp?) for arthritis, which does help.
    I take Florinef for neurally-mediated hypotension.
    (I was taking Zoloft, which totally screwed up my head.)
    I am now taking Cymbalta.
    I am taking birth control pills.

Ever since I started on the Cymbalta, I have had major insomnia, but ironically less fatigue.

Primary current issues: trouble concentrating/focusing, easily tire or wear out, forgetful, stiffness, pain, dizziness, chronic sinus infections.

I think he is now just grasping for straws and doesn't know what to do with me. I told him that I really don't think I am depressed, life is good, I have a supportive husband, a beautiful child, a great home, etc. I am not withdrawn, I am eating, I am interested in life and doing stuff.

In addition to everything I am taking, he gave me prescriptions for Ambien to help me sleep and Ritalin (sp?) to help me focus. For those with more experience, does that make sense to you???

I don't have any issues with taking meds, but I don't want to take any more than I need to and the list seems to just keep growing and growing.

I paid $25 and got a complete copy of my entire medical file. I am going to try to go to a rheumatologist next.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!
    Foggydayz
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

but the ritalin and ambien are fairly standard. Actually he would have been doing you are big favor putting you on a rx sleep medication right off the bat as we all have disordered sleep. It is almost a gold standard with CFS/FMS and provable with a sleep study.

Rital is often rx'ed for the excessive daytime sleepiness, brain fog, poor concentration and short term memory problem. Actually, adderall and provigil are more often rx'ed for this, but all three have been proven to help us.

Of course there is that old stand-by caveat that what helps one won't necessarily help the next person. Just give them a try and see what happens.

I would start one at a time though .... maybe start with ambien for a few nights and then add the ritalin if all is going well.

Good luck ..... Hope you feel better soon ....

Elsa