more garbage from William Reeves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by outofstep, Jan 18, 2009.

1. outofstep

outofstep Member

How is this joker a virologist? Yet ANOTHER article in a psychiatric journal!

2. outofstep

outofstep Member

Get this-he is an adjunct professor of psychiatry at Emory University!!! Mystery solved. Now, was he getting paid off by drug companies like his pal Charles Nemeroff?

Reeves has got to go. No useful research will ever be done at the CDC as long as he is in charge.
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I agree. Reeves has got to go. Thanks for sharing this article, outofstep.
  4. outofstep

outofstep Member

but you're welcome-saw it on another website and it's criminal that we don't know! Found an article from 2006 at the cfidsreport by Craig Maupin that says that he got the professorship as a result of his CDC CFS research-where Reeves reported something to the effect of "trauma and CFSers' genetic inability to cope causes CFS". Here is Craig Maupin's article which details the very slow evolution of Reeves' psychiatric CFS theory:

Clearly Reeves is looking at some other illness-something that sounds like what is described in the Cymbalta ads. He's definitely not looking at the infectious disease that caused an epidemic in the 1980s. And it sounds like he's getting a HUGE payoff from it.

Question is-what can we do about it? How do we get him out of there so that our tax dollars can go towards relevant research?
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Since I figured out what got me sick and I'm curing it, I'm either much more intellectually advanced than these idiots or they are lying. The end result is the same - they aren't doing anything. But it doesn't really matter because the knowledge of how to get over cfs and fibro is already out there, it just isn't available to medical doctors and so insurance won't pay for it. See and do what you have to do to find an expert.

Besides, their research is all looking for ways to make money off cfs, just like the American Cancer Society is asking for donations from the public, but they are only giving grants for patentable and therefore profitable substances because they want to own part of the patent. It says so right on their website. Every other organization I've looked at that is asking for public donations to fund a "cure" for a disease is the same way: they only want patents. The whole system is pretty disgusting. Doctors are only good for crisis management, like heart attacks and brain surgery. Gut dysbiosis and intestinal hyperpermeability are the root causes behind most chronic diseases but medicine doesn't treat these. Therefore, we are screwed if we depend on a medical doctor and insurance to treat us.