more help is on the way ....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pj97305, Jul 2, 2003.

1. pj97305

pj97305 New Member

PLEASE moderator do not delete this site .... it has important information on disability benefits for people with immune system disorders ....

(Edited to remove URL)

it covers all immune system disorders

thank you
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The rule is no URL's. You may give the name of the website or enough info for someone to find it, but you may not post the URL here.

In the past, I used to make exceptions for things like advocacy, but I have been asked to enforce the rule across the board.

Love, Mikie
  4. franners

franners New Member

This is from a ssa memorandum I happened on...

"Fibromyalgia is a disorder defined by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and we recognize it as medically determinable if there are signs that are clinically established by the medical record. The signs are primarily the tender points. The ACR defines the disorder in patients as "widespread pain in all four quadrants of the body for a minimum duration of 3 months and at least 11 of the 18 specified tender points which cluster around the neck and shoulder, chest, hip, knee, and elbow regions." Other typical symptoms, some of which can be signs if they have been clinically documented over time, are irritable bowel syndrome, chronic headaches, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, sleep disorder, severe fatigue, and cognitive dysfunction.

I agree with your observation that we need to do a better job of explaining our policy with respect to the adjudication of claims involving impairments like fibromyalgia and CFS. Toward that end, we have been drafting policy guidance to help adjudicators evaluate these impairments.

I trust that this explanation and clarification will assist you in applying the regulations and rulings to cases involving fibromyalgia and CFS.

(Signed)

Susan M. Daniels, Ph. D.