More info on Matt's surgery tomorrow

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ilovecats94, May 30, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I found out today that Matt is going to have actual surgery and be put under anesthesia. They called me and I told them that Matt wouldn't answer his cell phone while he was working. I don't have a way to even contact him in an emergency.

Anyway, the surgery center called and he is to be there at 10 AM tomorrow. Have nothing solid after 4AM, nothing liquid after 8 AM, and no insulin or meds.

He is to bring a list of all the meds he is on and have a driver with him.

I didn't realize he was going to have actual surgery, surgery, I thought it would just be office surgery. This is the second time he has had to go through this type of surgery.

I sometimes wonder if they are doing this to help him or for the insurance money they get? Sorry for being cynical, but I just feel sometimes the health care industry only wants the money and could care less about us as patients.

I guess I may need more prayers than Matt to help me understand the medical community better.

Please pray for the surgical staff tomorrow and the surgeon. I can't spell his name as he is from India.

Love and prayers,
    Faye
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

By Matt having the surgery in a surgery center they are equipped for anything and everything. Praying for a good outcome . May he be under healing hands.
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

By having the anasthesia, he won't have to go through that awful ordeal of the shot right under the eye. Will he?

I hope not - hope it is general anasthesia that he is getting where he won't feel anything.

10:am tomorrow - it's good to know the time.
    He's been so much in my thoughts and prayers!

Love, Judy
  4. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Will continue to pray for Matt and you. Take care of yourself. You are soooooooo much in my thoughts. I know Jesus is going to be with Matts surgeons. De
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

may God give you and Matt peace and a restful nite, I pray for the both of you and for all the Drs that our Heavnly Father will guide them. God Bless sixtyslady
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Asatrump, Judy, De, Sixtyslady, and Nancy,
    Thanks for all of your prayers and good wishes. Now Matt wants to get there at 9 AM, as there has been some confusion about the time of the surgery. He seemed to think the surgery was at 10 AM, so they will be getting there at 9 AM.

Matt is sleeping right now as he knows he needs to get up early. Hope he has the list of meds they asked for printed up. Matt has a tendency to procrastinate.

Thanks to all for your continued prayers for Matt. I just hope the doctor is able to deal with all of the problem areas so Matt won't have to go through all of this again.

I will let you know when he comes home as soon as I can. :)

Love,
    Faye

7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thinking of Matt post- op. How long will he be in the hospital?

((HUGS))
    Judy
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Judy,
    Matt and Michael got home a bit after 3 PM. They dropped off a Rx for Percocets at Walgreens.

Matt needs to call tomorrow to make an appointment in a month to go back to have his eyes examined. It is a possibility he may need to have both eyes done again.

He won't know for sure until he goes back in a month. I guess that means another day Michael has to take off to take him there since it is 45 minutes away with highway driving.

Thanks for all of your prayers for Matt. He is sleeping now and he is supposed to cover me tomorrow so I can get a bath and wash my hair in case the people bring the dryer earlier than I think. I told them to come after 12 noon, but wish I would have told them to come after 3 PM.

Love,
    Faye
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Glad Matt is back home safe and sound. I hope and pray his eyes will heal nicely and completely so another surgery isn't needed.

Take Care
    Misty
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Matt is still sleeping, but I don't know how he is going to get his pain meds unless he goes to the drug store himself. I'm sure he doesn't feel like going,

Thanks for your prayers!

Love,
    Faye
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

So very pleased to see that Matt came through the surgery well. I pray that he heals fast and no other surgery will be needed!

With love....Mari
  12. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Matt got the Percocets at the surgery unit, not from the pharmacy. He got an Rx for 20 Tramadols. He was in so much pain after the surgery that it took 2 Percocets to stop the pain.

Then when he got here he was confused and I was passing his story along not realizing it was incorrect info. Matt got a shot for inflammation for his eye and that shot was $1000 and they said they didn't know if his insurance would cover that shot. That's nice... :(

So Matt was picked up by his friend, Nick and they went down the street a few blocks to visit with Steve who lives with his dad and his wife and child. I hope Matt isn't out too late, but there is nothing he can do but to watch TV. He can't play the online game on his computer.

Matt is supposed to help me with the dryer situation and the cat tomorrow. I still hope my husband can take a 1/2 of a day off. I need a bath and don't want them to show up while I'm in the bathroom.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. I think we have the story right now. lol

Love,
    Faye