More Info Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steve69h, Aug 9, 2005.

1. steve69h

steve69h New Member

Looking for more info on how FMS/MPS are effected by KS cancer and bipolar any help out there

new to the group trying to read as much as possible I have never had any support for any of this and just got out of a 11yr relationship so it just gotten worse

Steve
  2. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

bumping to the top for Steve
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

FMS seems to be secondary to a lot of other conditions. Many with MS and Lupus have FMS as well. I've read a lot of posts from members diagnosed with bi-polar disorder.

I'm from CO too but no longer living there. I grew up in Boulder and later lived in Denver.

Welcome aboard.

Love, Mikie
  4. steve69h

steve69h New Member

2painful4words Thanks for the info I think Im just starting to really get the effects of all thats been happening to me. After having to basically give up my job because of the cancer causing my immune system to faulter badly. I have been really getting to know myself and I guess in the back of my mind I feel that this is all a dream and it's nothing to worry about. I should just go back to work like I have always done and just grin and bare it (as they say). Heck I mean I used to drive truck over the road for a long time and then local I delievered steel beams to local job sights 6 days a week all by myself for 3yrs. I finally got burned out mostly (now that I look back ) to damned tired and sore to keep going. Now I don't think I could drive the truck I have a had a hard time somedays takeing my neices to the amusement Park. I'm just supposed to be able to still do these things and I can't it drives me crazy (as you can tell by my rambleing sorry) Im just so glad I found this group and all this info and I know there are less of us who are men then women. But I hope I can just get some of this sh%$ off my chest and have someone to believe me and understand. I'm sorry I tend to ramble will try keeping things short from here on Steve
  5. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

has fibromyalgia also. We have a small pool and repair service and it takes everything he has to drag himself out to do the job. The extremes of heat and cold are the hardest on him. No health insurance makes life uncertain also. He worked as a retail manager for 15 years until corporate politics forced him out.

I don't know how the cancer and bipolar challenges affect fibro, but I do know that the pain, fatigue and fibrofog can contribute to being more emotional for me. Pain has been the major problem for me, and it has taken years to find a doctor who has the backbone and credentials to prescribe a long lasting effective pain reliever. I'm not pain-free and may have neck surgery one of these days. I guess it is a one-day-at-a-time kind of syndrome. I've found lots of good advice here. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Cheers,
    Val
  6. neen85

neen85 New Member

LOved your WWW abbreviation on your profile! Pretty funny and I have never heard anyone use it before. Like everyone said,there aren't many guys on here,but we DO cherish the ones we have. There are a few guys on who have wives that are affected also.

Glad you are here! You will find alot of people with problems similar to yours and alot of great articles and great advice,and alot of wonderful people also.
    Good to meet you! Daneen
  7. steve69h

steve69h New Member

it really feels so good to know there are others out there that can understand me and help me thank you all so much
    Steve
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

this is a great place for support and information, I felt so isolated before I found it a few months ago.

People from all over the world too, Australia, UK, Holland, Greece and so on. I'm from Scotland myself.

Rosie
  9. steve69h

steve69h New Member

Im in the process of filling for dicability and my goodness some of the questions they ask. I really enjoy hearing from all of you and hearing what you have to say. I updated my profile if you are interested thanks again Steve