More Klonopin Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen728, Sep 9, 2003.

1. karen728

karen728 New Member

I have an appointment for tomorrow with my PCP to get a script for Klonopin. I called my Rheumy and he won't prescribe it. Who is the best dr to presribe this drug that won't give me a hassle if my PCP won't do it? What dosage should I ask for to take just at night? Do I need to take the drug every night for it to be effective or can i take as needed? Is there anything else I should know before I go tomorrow? I plan on bringing with my the article from Dr. Cheney where he speaks about the benefits of Klonopin.

Also, one last question, is there anything in the herbal form that matches Klonopin?

Thanks as always for your input.

kc
  2. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

My PCP prescribes it for me. He is wonderful!! My Rheumy has no problem with my PCP prescribing it for me. If your PCP won't prescribe it I would say maybe a Psychiatrist would. I take 1 mg. every night to relax me and help me sleep. I usually take it about 2 hours before bed. I started off with .5 mg and worked my way up to 1 mg. I've never tried anything herbal so I couldn't help you there.
  3. karen728

karen728 New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Did you have to educate your PCP of its benefits for Fibro patients? Was he hesitant to give it to you? Do you feel you need to take it every night or can you if you had to skip a night?

thanks again.

kc
  4. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Hi Kc,
    I'v been on klonopin for yr's now ,It was given to me by my phy Dr for Anxiety{panic attack's , Never relised it was good for sleeping intill, I came to this board & I get the genaric branned {clonazepam} same thing , so cant tell you what mg's to ask for but i know they alway's start you off on the lowest dose , As Far as it being addtive , Yes it is, It was brought to my attion by my sponser,{i'm a recoving alcoholic,,, She thought it may of been causing my relapes,,, w/ wear alway's A drink or 2 , never off moor then that , well I weaned my self off it , My panic attac's got worse,, Im happy to report, Iv been sober for a hr now
    , so I gess its up to you if you have a problim w/ addtive Med's , But Anything can be addtive ,,,If you think abought it,
    Its up to the person taking it
    hope I helped
    cindyG.
  5. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

I have used this for severe anxiety attacks for a few years. I take one pill when needed and at night I take one to help me relax and sleep (a little bit). I do not have an addictive personality so my GP just renews my prescription for 6 months at a time. I also thought that he said that it wasn't addictive.....or was it that I wasn't an addict. O crap! Fibro fog! I can't remember now.

Anyhow, I hope you get your prescription because I feel that it is the best.

KD