More Losses???? Need Prayers/Posted by 1Candee Fm. CFS/FM board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

1Candee

More Losses??? Need Prayers!!! 06/16/04 11:03 PM

I'm sure some of you on this board have been in this situation before and I need help--help coping. The struggle seems never ending. I have had Fibro/CFS since '99. It's taken this long to finally realize that no, I won't wake up in the morning feeling all better.

I got up out of a sick bed today to take my 12 yr. old German Shep to the vet--she's been having diarehha and just hasn't been herself---at first I thought, she's just getting older but decided to take her in to be on the safe side. Here I thought the doc would give her some worm meds and we'd be on our way. She has a massive growth in her intestinal area. The vet said he'd almost bet it's cancer and probably inoperable. Other worst case scenarios would be major spleen or liver damage. I left her there over night so they could run tests late this afternoon and early tomorrow. I am missing her so much and so afraid of the outcome. I feel like I added insult to injury today by leaving her locked up at the vet--in all her years she's never been locked up. She is terrified of the vets--shakes while she is there and now there is a thunderstorm going on and she never leaves my side in storms. I will be there when they open the doors tomorrow.

How in the world do we let a beloved pet go that has been with us and totally UNDERSTOOD through our darkest hours and theirs. It is breaking my heart. Hubby works 2 jobs and when he left at midnight tonight I started crying yet again and it's like an unending faucet. She is such a part of me and my days in the misery of pain and fatigue. I WILL NOT LET HER SUFFER--that's the greatest gift that I can give her. How do we cope with something like this that to me seems totally earth shatterring??? Everything, esp emotions, seems exascerbated with these disorders b/c we've already lost so much. Please let her, LuJac, be in your prayers tonight. Any advice would be deeply appreciated. I won't be able to snuggle and cuddle with her tonight and tell her how much I love her---you got it--I am obsessed with the love and caring she's given me when no one else is around that much. I am in so much mental pain tonight--it's competing with the physical. Please let us be in your prayers. Much Love and Care, Cat

2. bakron

bakron New Member

I understand the pain, and just hold you and LuJac close in prayer. May our Father ease your pain and worry, and may he lessen the pain that LuJac is undergoing phsyically and mentally tonight. Animal friends are so special, and are given to us to love and to cherish and care for. Dear Heavenly Father, please let your peace come tonight for LuJac and Cat. In Christ's name I pray these things, Amen.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I moved your post to here, as we do have some wonderful Prayer Warrior's to pray for your loving LuJac.

I can so deeply relate to your concern and heavy heart.

I had a boxer three years ago, she had a Mammery Tumor, I though she had cancer, and so did the Vet, but after all the tests were done, it turned out that it was not cancerous.
    She was old, but I had the operation done for her, and the Vet gave her 6 months to live, she lived 1 1/2 years more for me. These people on this board prayed for her, that is over three years ago.

I just lost the love of my life in December, she was a white boxer, 11 years old, she had a stroke, and was gone in a few hours. I was devastated.

My husband just bought me two dogs, one an American Bulldog that is 6 1/2 months old, and then he found a white boxer too, she is 4 months old, he bought her for me too.

So now I have two young pups to keep me company. I was so sick that my husband thought he was going to lose me along with the dog.

I will be praying for your LuJac from now till I hear from you again.

She will be alright at the vet, they will give her something to keep her calm, that is what they did for my Beaute, she did not like to be 'inches' away from me!

Be prepared for those sad eyes when you go get her tomorrow. I think she broke my heart more by that look in her eyes then the whole operation.

You can also pray for my American Bulldog pup, she jumped off my bed and bruised a bone in her leg. I have to keep her 'calm', not an easy job with a very active bulldog. and four other dogs in the house.

Be assured, many of us can relate to how you feel, we have many animal lovers on these boards. We call our pets our 'Furkids' around here.

God bless you and LuJac..............

Shalom, Shirl