More news about the kid bringing the gun

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crispangel66, May 4, 2007.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I found out Monday the boy brought the gun to school and showed it to my son and told him he would kill him.

Well for the next few days my Son asked to ride his dad's bus which is unususal, this is before we knew anything was wrong.

My Son had to stay home yesterday (Friday) because he was having Grand Mal seizures, due to the stress of all that is going on.

We went to the police station and we found out that the boy who did all this is in life skills class like my son, the policeman works with all of the schools and deals with the children, he says he doesn't believe the boy is really mentally challenged like my son he said that he thinks he is just lazy.

Well at the beginning of the year my son was picked on relentlessly by a another student come to find out it is the same boy.

During the first of the year he would come home with bruises on him saying this other boy kicked and hit him, now I wish I would have took him down to the police station then They could have at least took pictures of the bruises and then they would have it on record.

Then I found out that on Wednsday the same boy threatened this other boy with disabilites and he said out loud "well I will just call my Mom and ask her to bring my gun up here" well the other child was so scared he said that he would just go home and kill himself.

The policeman made a report now just if the D.A. will decide to prosecute the case.

Anyway the other boy will be in alternative school until at least next year and that is if he doesn't end up in juvie, if the D.A. prosecutes the case he will end up in juvie.

My Son was able to describe the gun in detail, which helped a lot.

2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

All of this is awful. Something needs to be done. The boy definately needs help and to be held accountable for what he did. If the courts started doing this these children maybe would think twice. "Gee I will go to juvie if I do something wrong".

I went on a fild trip when my son was in fourth grade to juvie court. After we left the teacher asked "Did anyone learn anything?" A girl spoke up and said "Yea if you are going to do anything wrong do it before you are 18." This is the wrong idea. Children need to know if they do something they must pay for it.

Can it be documented that the stress from what happened caused your son to start having seizures again?

I will keep you all in my prayers.

God bless; Pam
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Is your sons' seizures a daily occurence? My sister had brain surgery 6 mths ago to remove the part of her brain that was originating the snaps causing the epilepsy seizures. Once the swelling went down, she hasn't had any more events. Last one was 01/25/07. It is a dramatic solution to the problem, but it was so successful. She is the 2nd person I know that has had the procedure and both have had outstanding results.

Your son is very brave to keep going to school with that kid after he was threatened. I am not real familiar how autistic children process thoughts. But he was able to recognize he was in danger by asking to ride a different bus. He sounds like a real trooper and should be proud of himself!

And you and your husband should be proud to raise such a great kid!

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

What a crazy world we live in. Pam, I am so sorry that your son had to go through this scary experience. Every child has the right to feel safe in school. I hope the boy with the gun gets prosecuted. If he doesn't he will most likely go on to do more serious crimes.

I hope your son is doing Ok.

God Bless