More pain during periods.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cookie3, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

Why does it seem that during our periods we seem to really, really feel alot worse? I feel so drained, cannot think straight and muscle and joint pain is much more severe. Is there any proof of fluctuating hormones causing havic? Anyone care to comment on this. Thanks.
  2. Astarte

Astarte New Member

Hi Cookie, I'm gong through the change so I'm hormonal. I get my period about every 6 months and it's horrible, way worse than before. I'm 47.

But yes, pain is much worse and I never thought about it being related to the FM, just assumed it was making up for lost time or something. 6 months worth of cramps in 5 days or something. Could be. Maybe that's why this effects women more than men?

Not any less sympathetic to men with FM of course. I sort of feel worse for a guy because it's harder to for most men to rely on the help of others for some reason.

And for me, I have no idea what I'd do without my husbands support, emotionally, physically and financially.

Star
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I think I am going to die every month before my period. I am sure it is related to FM. When I first went on Klonopin it helped alot, but the effect has lessened over time.
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

I usually am so tired and fatigued about 2-3 days before my period that I have no choice but to lay around and rest. It used to not affect me like this, but it does now. Feels like all the energy you have is being zapped right out of your body.

Kriket
  5. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I find I feel worse now when I get my period than when I was younger. I get the crampy feeling and it's a heavier flow and I feel generally lousy. I'm starting to go through the premenopause time period. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.