More Prayers Needed !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Granniluvsu, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Windblade and all you prayer warriors !

Please send some special prayers and good thoughts out to our dear son who is off tonight to another part of the world, Kuala Lumpur for work. He will stay for 3 weeks. The flight is 14 hours on the first leg and then off to another plane for another 7 or so hours. Hope his trip goes well with no problems plus hope his work experience and getting used to the hours will not cause any problems. I am sure that he will have many stories when he gets home.

Thanks so much to all of you! More later on !!

Love you all,
    Granni :)
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

Hi Granni.

Praying your son safe travels.

Patti
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thank you so much Patti. I think, about now he is probably on or getting ready to get to the plane. Who knows if they will take off on time :)!! I don't envy him the terribly LONG ride. However, he I young (40) so maybe it won't be to bad.

Hugz to you and everyone,
    Granni
  4. hangininthere

Your dear son is probably in the air right now. Praying for his safety.

I'm a night owl, so I'm good for praying the night shift.

Patti
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Granni,

Praying for your son - for all that is involved in his journey and his work in Kuala Lumpur. Yes, 40 is young and strong.

Will keep him in prayers for all the time he is there.

Blessings to you and all your family!
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thank you both Judy and Patti and anyone else wh0 may be also praying or thinking good thoughts,

I just found out from FB and DIL that our DS was probably in between planes and was to take off again at 8 pm their time. He may have already taken off, AGAIN. I do not know the time zone thing. Talk about it being confusing :)!! I am not a great mathematician either :)!!

Thank goodness DS usually is pretty good at rolling with punches. Usually not to much bothers him and he gets along with people very well. Also hoping that none of this stuff triggers an epileptic seizure. As far as I know he has not had one in years, since he became resigned to the fact that he needs to take pills ALL the time. Also can't help but think about that missing plane incident. What a horrible thing to have happened to the people and all their loved ones. Of course, as far as I know he is probably not wearing the alert necklace I bought him years ago either ):!! Didn't want to mention that to him but already did mention his meds and to bring lots of OTC meds he might need.

Love to all,
  7. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Granni, I'm sure your son will be fine and he is young and strong and it's his time to explore the world. I know that missing plane has freaked everyone out....I was a tad concerned when my daughter and grandkids flew to Maui, but they were fine, had a great time and home safe and sound....daughter was regretting coming back to So. Cal.....I personally wouldn't want to live in a tropical place year round.....talk about a laid back life, that is Hawaii.....

I travelled for years for a couple jobs and my sister flew the world for her major job, we all had good flights.....again, it was that recent missing plane....grrrrrrrrrr Lot of unknowns on that whole horrible incident.... jam
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Jam - I know that my DS will most likely be just fine on this trip but it is SOOOO long and he was not looking forwards to that, for sure. Also that missing plane thing just happened to be on a Malaysian airlines I think. He is taking another line I believe . You are so right about all the unknowns on that missing flight is very sad and unnerving.

I never was that afraid to fly myself before but so many stupid and crazy things going on lately. We won't be doing that much flying but mostly due to cost. We will be flying this year to my nursing reunion in Las Vegas. It will be fun to see the people there. I didn't make the last one, mostly because DH and I too didn't really want to go to Disneyworld . Been there, done that many years ago when the kids were young. However, at that time we drove from New York and did the camping thing in our trailer We saw lots of things and places in our trailer.

Bye for now.

9. hangininthere

I know how important it is to get enough rest and eat right when you have epilepsy, so as not to have seizures. Always praying for my niece in that regard.

Has he made long trips like this before without a seizure? If so, then he should be alright as usual.

I read on the Porch that you thought he had arrived at his destination. Yayyyy. Thank You Lord.

Patti
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Marta,

So glad to see you again. Hope you are well. Our son is there safe and sound and was going into work armed with his laptop and bunches of chocolate to give to workers there. Apparently good chocolate is a delicacy there in Kuala Lumpur or perhaps almost any chocolate may be, not sure. So the co workers should love him :)!!! Hope it didn't melt on the trip :)!!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Also thanks to ALL for your kind thoughts and prayers too.

Love,
    Granni:)
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You've got my prayers for your loved one leaving on this trip.

Love, Mikie
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie , Marta and all,

He arrived in KLP about 3 weeks ago safe and sound. Sunday their time he will be flying home again, 7 1/2 hrs on flight and about 14 hrs on the last leg. It is already Friday morning , so you all can start praying again bright and early sometime on Saturday their time. This whole thing is very confusing. Not a great mathematician :)! He should be home sometime Sunday evening I guess. I forget the time he leaves and arrives home..

Love you all,
    Granni