More prayers,please?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by toni.m, May 13, 2002.

1. toni.m

toni.m New Member

there is so much going on in my family right now, its getting overwhelming. we still don't know any more about my father in law [ transfusion last week; severve anemia, don't know why], he is shceduled[sp] for a CAT Scran this thurs- and he just looks and sounds terrible, he is finally eatig a little bit, but is having shortness of breath and not being able to sleep, amungst other aches and pains.
    i just found out my dads girlfreind of 15+ year is to have open heart surgery this wens., she needs a valve replacment, it is 80% blocked.
    my sister called tonight and told me my Cousin Eilleen has cancer, it is spread thru her lung and lymth nodes[ but not lung cancer, it has a long drawn out name]- it does not look good at all as far as treatments, they may try chemo or something else, i can't remember what my sister told me.i think she is the last living relative on my mothers side; my mother passed away 18 years ago, this past monday, may 6th. and that is the same day we got the news about my father in law.
    i am just getting a terrible feeling because everyone's health problems came to light starting on the anniversery of my mothers passing .i am praying that this is just a srange coninsdence [sp].i hope and pray i am just reading too much into this all happening[ or finding out, i should say] on the anniversery of my mothers passing.

please, eveyone has helped me so much in the last week since this all started, can i ask for your support again?
    i know there are many of us in need of prayers, and i will continue to pray for all of you, and keep you in my thoughts for much improved health and happiness for all of our family here on the board, and there families also.

thank you all, i don't know who i would turn to if i did not have you guys,

take care, toni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/13/2002]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will keep your whole family in prayer. You sure need support, that is such a load to have to bear all at one time.

I understand how you feel about the date, but don't let that linger in your mind.

I had a sinilar thing happen. I lost my son-in-law in an auto accident on the 6th of October, then six months later I lost my brother to cancer on the 6th of May. Its just how things happen sometimes.

I will continue to pray for you too, you will be under some tremendous pressure, just keep reaching out to the Lord. He is there for us no matter what is going on around us at the time.

God Bless hon, and His mercy will sustain you.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Dear Toni,
    I will be in prayer for all of your requests and know that your support will always be here for you.

Even though we all have never met in person, God has given us the opportunity to form this special bond, to pray for and encourage one another and I thank Him for it.

I know it must be so hard for you but remember to keep looking to the Lord, and trusting in His promises. Nothing is too big for God and he will never give us more than we can bear without helping us through it.

I'll be praying! Take care of yourself too.

Hugs,
    Harmony

4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Never fear, Toni. The Lord is with you and your family. Give it to Him and the rest will follow. My prayers are still going out to you and your family. I pray that our Lord help you throught this trying time. I praise him that we are able to communicate in this way, as we have made many friends through this board. From this gift, we are now many in prayer, which is what He wanted. I ask that the stress that you are feeling is taken away and replaced with the feeling of awe and peace. I also ask, Dear God, that Toni's Father-in-law and cousin are gifted with an ease in their pain. I request that all in your family understand His will. In His Son's name, I pray. Amen.
  5. silverbell

silverbell New Member

Dear Toni
    Jesus loves youu so much he's right there with you...Lord I pray that you would give toni the peace that passes all understanding,srength and courage that can only come from you Lord.. You said Lord that when we are weak You are strong Please Jesus help toni to be strong toni needs you so much now I lift up toni's father in law and his ladyfriend also her cousin Ielene..to you Jesus, I know how very much you love them and want them all well. YOU are the greatest healer Jesus..and we know all things are possible to them that believe. We claim that promise for toni and her family today
    Lord.. Thank you Jesus....Praise you Father
    We can never ask for too much prayer toni it is our lifeline to our Heavenly Father He is faithful always...May the LORD bless you all in every way......Love and prayers always
    Silverbell
    I dont know where that silly icon came from its hardly appropiate here sorry about that.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2002]
  6. toni.m

toni.m New Member

i just spoke to my Dad tonight, and his girlfreind - seems silly to call her that, but they have agreed not to marry -after all this time, 15+yrs- has made it through the heart valve replacement surgery, and after a couple of hours in I.C.U. , they removed the ventilator tube.she will be in intensive care for several days, but the Dr. said the surgery went well.so, as long as their aren't any complications during her recovery, i hope the worst is over[ i pray that i am right about this, i can't imagine having your chest cracked open].
    as far as everyone else, the only news i have is that my cousin Eileen has not called my sister since she had her Drs. oppointment to discuss chemo,..options, and we are afraid this is bad news.she was so emtoinal[understandably] when she called to tell my sister about the cancer, she could hardly talk as she was crying so much. my sister will call her tomorow and offer any help, as she lives in the same state, although several hours away, she is the closest to her.i really hate that my family is spread across the country, it makes me feel so helpless not to be able to be there in person.
    thank goodness, my in laws are close, so i can help them w/ household chores, errands,...my father in law goes for his CAT Scan tomorow- at 8:30 pm! the evening is the only time they do these at this hospital[ except for emergcies], and he has an oppointment next tues. to find out the reason for his severve anemia, and a treatment plan also, i hope. they did another round of blood work, yesterday, but we have not heard anything yet.

well, thats all i know so far, thank you all again from the bottom of my heart, i really don't think i could handle all of this with out you guys.
    please know that i continue to pray for all of you also, and that you are in my thoughts daily.
    take care, toni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2002]
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

It was good to hear from you and to keep us updated on how to pray for your family.

Thank the Lord the surgery went well for your Dad's girlfriend. I will also continue to pray for your cousin and your father-in-law.

I hope you can find peace and comfort in the Lord during this trying time for you. I pray God's angels of mercy will surround you and your family.

Take care of yourself, hon!

Love,
    Harmony
  8. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hi Toni, I have been worrying and wondering about you and your family. Praise God that your Dad's girlfriend has made it through surgery. I pray for a pain free recovery for her. How are you holding up? I am praying that this stress doesn't put you into a flare and cause pain. You do not need that right now. Please let your family know that we are praying for them. Blessings, Deena
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For the update Toni, and will continue to pray for all concerned.

Do, please take care of yourself also. I am keeping you in prayer for your health.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl
  10. toni.m

toni.m New Member

as my father in law is on his way to the hospital by ambulance.

thank you all for your support,
    i will keep all of you in my prayers also, toni.m