More problems.............now my tummy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Jan 30, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi everyone!

Does anyone else here ever feel like they are a walking "math book", "SO MANY PROBLEMS"??????????

My family and I went out to dinner last Friday......I really have been in a bad flare for months now....BUT from nowhere, my stomach started hurting like someone had kicked me hard...........and I felt so nauseaous.........also I felt like I was going to pass out!I was lethargic and was basically slouching in the restaurant booth!

I forced myself to eat and I immediately felt some relief with the weakness and nausea...but the hurting just wouldn't stop!

This has gone on now for almost 6 days!

When I take my pain medication it stops the pain but within 4 hours I have to take more because my tummy starts hurting so bad again.

I just went to my Dr ( last week ) and had a list of new things that are troublesome, so I just hate to have to call and add yet another.... BUT................I don't know if this is a flu, virus or just dd.....or something serious?

Iam under a TREMENDOUS amount of stress right now !

My best friend is moving out of state, Iam losing my job in 2 weeks, and my marriage is going through a rough spot as well!

Most of you who know me, know too well that my life usually does consist of a lot of stresses..............so maybe this is just my tummy's way of saying enough?

I would think that with years of stress under my belt that I would have a "black belt" at handling it!LOL

Has anyone else had this .............I would like to know if it is fm, virus, flu, or maybe something more?

My husband says he thinks I have hypoglycemia..but could that possibly cause the "feeling of being kicked in the tummy"?

Thanks for your posts and thoughts
    XO
    Doxy

2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I know I have been dx with IBS but never had this kind of pain with it..............but I guess with dd you can always have things of different magnitude?????

"Oh and BTW yes I do have fms/cfids etc etc etc! LOL

Thanks for your thoughts
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2007]
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Hey doxy, one more problem you really need, right?

Is this pain really in your stomach?
    Could it be in the upper intestines, and maybe celiac disease? It can be very painful, and of course stress would aggravate it.

Or is is below the naval, esp. on one side, like IBS cramps? Bentl helps me with that one.

I had a peptic ulcer once, dx'd by just my complaints, meds cleared it up in about a month.

Do you get shaky? That could be hypoglycemia, but it doesn't sound like that to me, more one of the above.

Your liver or pancreas could also give you pain like that if they are inflamed, so maybe you do need a good gi workup?

Hope you find relief! Rolaids, anyone?

Hugs,
    findmind
  4. TKE

TKE New Member

>>BUT from nowhere, my stomach started hurting like someone had kicked me hard...........and I felt so nauseaous.........also I felt like I was going to pass out!I was lethargic and was basically slouching in the restaurant booth! <<

Same here. I had my stomach scoped. Was d'xd with Gastritis. I have to take stomach meds(Prilosec OTC) 2 x a day just to keep it calmed enough so I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out. There's an optical nerve in your stomach that gets compressed that causes the dizzy/pass out feeling.

"Gastritis" is not a single disease, but several different conditions that all have inflammation of the stomach lining.

Do a search for "Gastritis" & you'll find all of the symptoms you mentioned can cause it. Meds, like pain killers, can also cause it. Certain foods can make it worse too.

Putting yourself on a very restricted diet of plain meat & veggies, along with the meds can heal your stomach, but it may come back later on. It took me 9 weeks of a very restricted diet to get mine healed up, only to have it flare again a few years later due to pain meds.

5. jackrorabbit

jackrorabbit New Member

Use lactaid and see if that helps. I have FM and am now lactose intolorant and this helps a lot. I still the the trots from time to time though.
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Yes, I've had them my whole life. Maybe that's why I'm still scrawny at the age of 56!LOL

I just put it off as IBS, even though I've never been diagnosed with it. When I'm in a bad fibro flare it is worse than usual, and I usually lose weight for a time.

Best of luck,
    Mini