More questions!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, May 14, 2012.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

Could this be a combination of the 2 I am dealing with my adrenals and hormones out of wack???? Awaken from sleep that was happy to want to

Cry as I am waking up I am so emotional mood swings irritable trying to get myself together I am doing another saliva test today . And I do not want to live offy valium . I know with my som getting married I have been happy and sad but I know he is marrying a good girl . How do I get myself together!!!!!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I wish I could help. I know how hard it can be. I just wanted to send up a prayer and a little message of encouragement.

Love, Mikie
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I agree with Jam - see an integrative medicine doc, get your dhea and other hormone levels checked. I don't think adrenal issues cause the mood swings you have -

Take care-

4. crickett

crickett New Member

Thanks everyone for being here I do have a integrative dr. I am redoing my adrenal saliva test . Called my compounding pharmacist and talk to her about it she told me that I am going to have to tough it out and to stay on the adrena stim and continue with the relora . And to add 5htp for my mood swings and anxiety she says it's all my adrenals . She said it will take time for me to try to balance . But I have never heard of anybody else going thru this . My husband said I have not been right ever since I got vertigo and she took me cold turkey off my thyroid when they thought I had thyroid cancer. But I did not so she put me back on it . Then I was doing some better until they started to put my new pool in and it's like I cannot cope with any stress good or bad and very emotional over little things so I am clueless
  5. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I am not sure what compounding hormones you are on, but I take bioidentical hormones. I had a complete hysterectomy at age 35 which put me into early menopause. My Dr. had my estrogen, progestrone, cortisal, DHEA, melatonin and vitamins B and D levels tested.

I take 5HTP during the day (Fibro Freedom) and GABA (Peaceful Sleep) for sleep at night. Also, the fibro multi vitamin. I add extra vitamin D and vitamin B. Sometimes I take L-theanine to relax me in the late afternoon or if I wake up too early in the morning.

Just 3 months ago I was taking zoloft, klonopin and ambian at night. I slowly went off of these because they did not improve my health at all. If you can add the vitamins and slowly go off the valium then I believe you will soon feel the difference. Be patient and only use the valium when you have to and not on a daily basis. Going the natural way is a slower process but in the long run your body will love you for it! I do take klonopin but only about once a week.

I do understand how overwhelmed you must feel. In 2002 we were building a patio in our back yard and the pounding of the hammer drove me over the edge. I had to run upstairs and cover my ears with 5 pillows to try to stay calm. There was not enough pain pains, muscle relaxers or xanax in the house to settle my nerves! The landscaping was right after my hysterectomy. Oh my..those were some my my most painful years...

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2012]
  6. crickett

crickett New Member

I had my hysterectOmy at age 39 I am currently on bio- identical hormones and I think between the two getting the pool in and my son getting married which is not a bad thing either one of them has just thrown me thru a loop And then my intregrAtive dr working on my adrenals on top she did tell me to get on 5 http which my husband got me some last nite I am just so revved up I forgot about the GABA I will try thAt also . I also get very frustrated when I try to go to stores and have to leave because of noises and people stresses me out . And I use to work in retail and loved it . Now is that not crazy!!!!! So I am praying that I am on the right track with my adrenals I think this saliva test covers dheA as well I take and drop off the test today then I will hear something in 2 weeks
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I learned a couple years ago to always carry the silicone ear plugs in my purse. Those noisy, over the top restaurants do a # on me. I've also used them in other noisy situations. The silicone ones work the best for me.....push them in a little and they cut the noise and can still hear someone talk, work them in a tad more and you cut more noise, almost to the point of pure silence. I use them in early morning when the noise from a local freeway in the summertime, when my window is open, drives me crazy, or the neighbor's little yappy dog in the morning when they let her out for potty break. All that can really disrupt the sleep we so need.

I had my last period when I turned 40. No hysterectomy though. A few years ago I went to a holisitic doctor but all she did was give me tons of vitamins to help with FM/CFS. I didn't want to go on biodentical hormones since I'm now 67. I do know that FM started up big time when I went thru the change.

I also got my adrenals came back possibly adrenal fatigue. But if you read up on AF, Dr. Wilson says that the big thing is learning to let go of stress, which I have a lot of.