More sleep + bad weather make it worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Apr 1, 2009.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I don't know exactly why I feel the way I do today, but I'm in so much pain and I'm so exhausted I can barely move. I went bowling for the first time in years on monday, and my arm's been hurting from that, but I don't think that's the reason for how I am today.

I've been exhausted these past few days. It's been warm, then cold and dry, and rainy and humid. I'm wondering if the weather's really getting to me, though it usually doesn't drain me THIS much. I got 8 and a half hours of sleep last night, something I never get (it's usually more like 4-6...hazard of college life), so I'm wondering if that might have added to it too.

Is there anything that helps you break through the fatigue when it gets really bad? I don't have any choice but to go to classes today, and it's a really long and exhausting day for me even when I'm feeling good in the morning.

At times like these, I really wish I was normal again.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I think we all feel that way sometimes!

But you have to remember that you have been pushing it a bit and a crash is always likely to follow.

One thing that I've done many times for energy in a pinch is to take an Excedrin for Migraines. It has all that caffeine but won't drop you like coffee or soda does. It lasts for a few hours.

Other than that, bowling uses a lot more muscles than just your arms so be careful there.

Try an epsom salts bath, that'll help the aches, and try to crawl in bed when you can to let your body rest and catch up sometimes.

Hugs,

Nancy