MORE STUFF REGARDING FATIGUE :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, May 16, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I know a lot has been written lately about fatigue. I called my doctor yesterday to ask what to do about it. I have an appt. on the 29th and wondered if I should push it up. He's sending me a prescription for some blood work and then I'll just keep my appt. as planned. I don't know what to do! I find myself drinking a Coke at work just to stay awake. I know I'm not supposed to drink soda, but I don't know what else to do. I can't stay home and need to work. I like my job. But I find myself nodding off. I can't go outside and sometimes turn my fan on to get cool air, but that doesn't always help. I'm afraid my doctor will send me for a sleep study. I don't want to have one. This is all getting to be too much.

Annette2
  2. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Yeh, the fatigue is really impossible at times. I have personally found that adrenal insuffiency was the biggest cause of mine. Am taking DHEA/Pregnolone to help the adrenals. Now that I have eliminated sugar & empty carbs...you know the wicked whites... I have not had so much trouble with the cortisol levels and the insulin levels causing this horrible fatigue feeling. Also eating 15 grams of protein all three meals has given me more strength. Of course, I have also learned to rest properly and get good nights of sleep. I am taking many supplements to boost my immune system and keep my plumbing running as good as it will. It takes a lot of effort and discipline to do all of the above but there isn't really any choice for me if I want to feel semi normal. It is a very demanding disease to deal with day after day and I hope you can resolve your problem soon. I don't know if anything I said helped or not but just know that I feel for you. It is so bloody awful feeling that overwhelming fatigue and to be trying to work with it must be incredibly difficult.
    My best to you Annette2. CLD
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

You did make me feel better - thanks! I read your profile - we're about the same age and I'm also going to be married 32 years this June. I'm seeing my doctor soon and hope I can stay awake at work until then. I'm going to ask about adrenal insufficiency. I don't know why this is happening to me now.

Annette2
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

After reading a couple of your messages, I thought to drop you a line because I was wondering if you ever solved the hormone treatments after your hysterectomy. Also, it takes quite some time, until the body readjusts after such an operation and bounces back and without these hormones, it will probably be much harder and more difficult.
    I am just concerned and hope that you are feeling better. Take care, Lucky