More tension on fm board

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Jan 17, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I see today that there is a post that is getting pretty heated. I don't understand, the poster is asking for help in finding cheaper cigarettes, and there are several people that are very upset saying that this board is for medical issues. But by responding to this post it is staying at the top, making it more of an issue.
    Aren't the moderaters the ones that should be deciding if a post should stay, or go?
    If I see something that interests me I will read it, if not I will just ignore it.
    I don't want get caught in the middle of the drama, but this board is to help people, and I know that negativity helps no one.
  2. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I agree with what you said. These boards are here to help each other, all of us are suffering from these dd's, and support should come without judgement.
    Thanks for your input,
  3. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

My name is Katie and I have been posting on the FM/CFS board foor a good while but only did my profile a couple of years ago. So much has changed though, I need to update it. Life does keep changing, doesn't it?

I just wanted to tell you that I am kind of new over here too and S-Elaine is just too funny and witty to miss, LOL! I live vicariously through her now since I have been married for almost 28 years now. Her dates are so much fun to read about.

Anyway, welcome to the Chit Chat board. I love it here. Haven't seen or picked up on any negativity here except for the metion of what goes on at the other board. So kick your shoes off, get comfy and post way here. I really love it here and hope you will too! Katie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That people still smoke because it is an addictive substance but also because it helps with pain. I'm glad I quit more than 20 years ago. I couldn't afford it today. I also think it would make my conditions even worse. Still, I can understand why someone would want to smoke if it helped with the pain.

I didn't see the thread but we do have little "wars" on that board from time to time. It eventually blows over. If not, the ones who make trouble are warned and banned if they do not clean up their acts.

Ignore things which bring stress. It's just not worth it.

Love, Mikie
  5. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I read the thread. It is not there anymore. There were a few who were critical of the whole thread and spoke quite frankly on how they felt about a cigarettes thread being on a prohealth forum.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

When this happens I would write a note to technical support and ask them to handle it. It is very unfair for people to post off topic on that board because people with really desperate problems are bumped to the second page and never answered.