More than 18 tender points?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 4peas, Apr 17, 2007.

1. 4peas

4peas New Member

A friend and I were discussing ou fibro the other day, and discovered that in addition to the standard 18 points, we both have tender areas in these 2 areas:

1 Top of the forehead near the hairline and about 1/2 inch on either side of center.

2 At the back of the upper arms near the armpit area.

Are these areas tender for you? Anyone else "discovered" more tender points, if so, where? Lee

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes tender points everywhere! sometimes i think they move around to different areas!
    alot of times i find them on top of my Head, and as always it hurts no matter where you touch the skin!,,,,,S
  3. 4peas

4peas New Member

On my worse days, my skin feels like a bad sunburn all over, sore to the slightest touch and clothing rubs painfully, really sucks doesn't it?
  4. sharoncookie

sharoncookie New Member

I just read something somewhere that a doctor has found that people with FM have 24 points. That's I know. I feel like I have 100. Sharon
  5. momwinterwhite

momwinterwhite New Member

I have several other very painful tender points. you can barely touch me on those certian places and the pain is excruating also hurts when anyone hugs me and I hate to
    ask them please dont but seems like the tenderspots on
    me are getting more painful with every hug.mine are on
    each side of my shoulders also in very precise locations.
    take care . momwinterwhite
  6. blkkat

blkkat New Member

7. pat460

pat460 New Member

Yes, I also have the ones on my upper arms. Not sure about the head spots though because I awoke with a screaming sinus headache and can't really tell one sore spot from another.

Like the other posts, I'm sore all over too. I often cry out when my husband hugs me. I have to remind him that I need gentle hugs.

Good idea for a post!

8. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I have them on my feet in various location and when I hit something in those areas Ouchhhhh.
  9. macaela

macaela New Member

I just noticed tender points on my back over my ribs, from the top of the ribs to the bottom of the ribs bilaterally, not sure if its a large tender point or more than 1. <BR>
    On my ribs in front, just under my breasts<BR>
    Just above and in front of my ears.<BR>
    Upper thighs toward the outside.<BR>
    Upper thighs in the middle<BR>
    Each side of the mid hip.<BR>
    Like you, I also have them on the back of my upper arms and near the armpits. <BR>
  10. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

As the years pass I have had more and more tenderness develop to the point where I just hurt anywhere and everywhere.<BR>
    I should wear a "Do not touch" sign. lol I've had CFS and Fibro for over 30 years. It has been slowly progressive for me. GB66