Morning Blues or Lack of Ambition

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, May 5, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello:
    Every morning when I wake up I have no ambition to do anything. I sit in a chair while I take coffee and wait for the medications to work and then when they do I just feel like 'Why bother': I won't feel better when I'm done doing this or that. I am on an antidepressant, but I think it is physical even though there is little pain after the meds hit. Yes?

nyrofan
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Depression is a physical thing. Your brain is not making/using the chemicals that make others "normal". I also think that there is something in CFS/FM that maybe predisposes us to depression...like being tired and in pain 24/7 isn't enough! LOL

I try to make a point of doing something every day, even if it's just getting dressed and putting on make-up. (I keep a stool in the bathroom so I can sit down while I do my make-up, etc.)

Today all I did (after make-up etc.) was have lunch with a friend, and start reading the book Ken has us reading for the book club. Now I'm on the computer, and I'm wiped out!

I have some plants that need to be put in the ground, but I'm waiting for the temperature to go down before I do. Heat makes me very ill. Maybe tomorrow. LOL

God Bless.
  3. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

I can relate to what you are saying. I think you just have to set your mind to doing something. You may not feel any better when you get it done, but sometimes you have to set your mind to not letting the disease control you. You need to take the control.
    Hugs
    Tammy