Morning fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 4mylabs, Jun 22, 2003.

1. 4mylabs

4mylabs New Member

I was wondering what others use to help deal with morning fatigue? I have CFS and have been doing much better the last few months but still have a hard times dealing with mornings.

I work full time plus have a 22 month old little boy who keeps me quite busy! I usually get about 7 - 8 hours of sleep a night. Alarm clock goes off at 6:15 and if I'm lucky I drag myself out of bed at 6:45. And I do mean drag! I would much rather lay in bed and doze! I just hate fatigue feeling I experience in the early morning. I drink a Immun-Max protein drink arround 7:15 and that seems to help a bit but I was wondering if anyone has found anything else to help combat morning fatigue. I eat breakfast and take my supplements and off to work. I do find as the morning goes on I feel much better. I keep this thought in mind as I am dragging myself out of bed!

Just wondering what has helped for others.

Take care all

Julie
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

morning fatigue and pain. I had to quit working because of it. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for you, with a small child, trying to get ready for work and getting him ready for the day. The only thing I can think of would be a hot shower, coffee, and pain meds. I'm kind of joking here, because with working and a small child I know you probably can't do the pain meds first thing in the morning. I hope someone comes along with some good ideas for you.

Dara
  3. suz41

suz41 New Member

Julie:

I can relate to the morning fatigue, although I have FMS I am often Very tired in morning, I have spoken with my ostepathic internist, he seems to think FMS and CFS are linked to a sleep disorder. As difficult as it may sound you may want to go to bed after you put your toddler down for bed. I remember when my girls were that age and I didn't have FM how tired I was. Perhaps trying to get to bed an hour earlier with a cup of non-caffeine tea might help. I am also cutting way back on sugars and NO caffeine after 4-5 pm seems to interfere with my sleep which only causes a flare up. I also get up a bit earlier than my girls to get ready for work in order to better deal with them they are 8 and 11. I know this may be pushing it but I have found a 20 minute yoga (gentle) routine that helps check out the local video stores this one is for beginners so it is not overtaxing and it actually does seem to help with the fatigue and pain. Good luck let us know how you are doing.

Suzanne
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have FM, but still have the 'morning' blues as my husband calls it.

The only thing gets me out of the bed at all is a cup of very strong coffee (the only caffeine that I allow myself in a days time).

I have a one cup coffee maker on the bedside table. I make it up with the grinds/water/sweetner, before bed at night. In the morning when I wake up, I just 'hit' the button for it to make that one cup.

I drink it before I attempt to get out of the bed, even for the bathroom. It really does help get the fatigue moving out before my feet hit the floor.

I also take ZMA at night before bed (2 capsules), it helps with deep sleep and it has made the mornings a lot better.

HOpe you find what helps for you, thats a busy life you have!

Shalom, Shirl