Morning Shake and Morning Meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LittleBluestem, Jun 2, 2006.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Will the high fiber content of the Morning Shake interfere with the absorption of medications and supplements? I read that magnesium should be taken with meals unless you have a high-fiber diet, then it should be taken between meals. Is this true of other things, as well?
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Littlebluestem, i take all my supplements with my shake also.

3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Am I seeing here that you shouldn't take antidepressents and drink The Shake at the same time of the day?

I haven't tried The Shake, Stormyskye, but I plan to. I printed out the recipe. If I drink it in the mornings and take anti-depressents at night, is that ok?

LittleBlueStem, thank you for posting this; a very good question.

BlueSky555
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I was under the impression that the flax in the shake increased the seretonin level throughout the day. Based on zero medical training, my guess is you might need to reduce your anti-depressant if you were using the Shake.

I had quite a time adjusting my digestive system to the ground flax seed. I started with 1 tsp. of flax and had the Shake every other morning. Anyone taking an SSRI AD should probably talk to their doctor before starting the Shake and if s/he OKs it, increase the amount of flax slowly.