morning stiffness and pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Dec 13, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

any ideas about what helps morning stiffness and pain.

mine is getting so bad it nearly takes me all morning to get dressed and get around.I"m also starting to feel weak and very tired again.but at the same time very nervous and flighty.
    any one have any thoughts on how to overcome this.
    It doesn"t help to stay in bed and get alittle more rest.I"ve known right from the start of this d.d. that if I ever give up and stay in bed that it will be the end for me.
    I force myself to get up even when I"m so sick I can hardly walk.even if its just to my chair.
    thanks for any suggestions. sixtyslady
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

The only thing that helped me is Zanaflex. I take the generic version- not even going to attempt to spell it. It is a muscle relaxer but, it works 2 ways. Imediate relief ( not a lot but some) and over time it improves your flexiblity and spacity. Taking one and having a good strech almost makes me feel normal.You take a lot of this drug that is another bonus. I have cut down so much on the pain killers now that I am on it. I can take up to 18 a day. Just a thought. This is all that has helped me - my mornings were as severe as yours. Good luck.
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

now this morning I"am not as stiff as yesterday and I'trying to think what I did that was different that made the difference.
    I"M doing strecthing in the morning and before I go to bed at nights.
    I suposse I could try a heated mattress pad,but I get so hot at nights now I don"t know if I could tolerate it .
    but it may be worth a try.
    thanks again sixtyslady
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sixtyslady:

I know how you feel. I get achey and stiff all over my body.Sometimes I feel like I have 'leg lock'.

I usually take meds, including a muscle relaxant and sit it out in a chair.

When the meds kick in, I start to move around.

nyrofan
  5. patsie

patsie New Member

if you go to pool therapy, you will get stronger and your pain will be less. i am 67 and am going now; i notice the difference after about 6 times, 1 hour each. i have specific exercises to do, have degenerative disc disease in back and neck, fibro, arthritis all over. i have exercises to do for all these things. it helps, i dont like going, but what else is there to do. i have been on the drug route and still am. but some days have been really able to cut down on meds cause of the pool. be aware you will get very very tired. i am hoping this will leave as i continue with the therapy.
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

the only place there is in this town is the y.m.c.a and all the lawyers and doctors go there and swim laps.
    so for old women like me that are over weight its just not a option.
    its just the young and scoialites that go to our local pool.
    I know thats probably hard to understand but some times living in a small town has its disadvantages.
    but I do swim in the summer in my own pool.
    and it feels great. thanks sixtyslady