Morphine Reaction and Thanks!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mary100, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

First, thanks for everyone's Surgery posts. I appreciate them. Doesn't seem like there were any "really bad" experiences. That's good.

I noticed that Kelb ? on name spelling had a reaction to morphine after fms diag. I, too, had a morphine reaction after my DX.

Mine went straight to my head and neck and they hurt and felt like pins and needles. Then, I had the worst chest pains I have ever had. It was the worst pain I ever had, worse than labor, gallbladder, appendix combined. Then it stopped and I was "fine". Strange, huh?

Oh well, "see" you all later.
    Mary
  2. lucita2k

lucita2k New Member

I ended up in the emergency room a couple of weeks due to the intensity of my pain and they gave me morphine. I had the same reaction, pain and needles in my neck and head and a horrible panic attack that gripped my chest. I burst into tears and look as if I was scared to death (per husband). Then it went away and felt fine. I've had morphine for gallbladder surgey four years ago and never had that reaction. Weird.
  3. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

Wow, I wonder if any more of "us" have had this reaction???

4. Mary100

Mary100 New Member

Wow, I wonder if any more of "us" have had this reaction???

5. marw

marw New Member

There are many different forms of morphine. I have reactions to some and not to others. I keep a list, along with my list of other allergic drug reactions.