Morton's Neuroma?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, May 24, 2009.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I've been waking up with pain, stiffness and/or tingling in my middle toes every day (both feet). The problem seems to lessen during the day, but I'm always vaguely aware of those middle toes. (Even when the pain is gone, it feels as if the toes are being squeezed together.) In one of my books about fibro, it mentions something called Morton's Neuroma or Morton's foot. It's the only thing I've found that seems to involve these toes. But I don't seem to have all of the symptoms, like swelling or redness. Still, since there may be a fibro connection, I thought I'd ask the real experts, the people on this message board. You've helped me out before (though it's been quite a while since I've been here).

Thanks in advance for whatever guidance or suggestions you can offer.

Laura R.M.
  2. daylight

daylight New Member

Heres a good link on foot problems .

You may just have a ganglion cyst or a neuroma . But it sounds more like a cyst to me. I'd see a
    podiatrist if you can. If it's a cyst they may be able to remove it or even just drain it .
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On injection of steroids did the trick and I've not had problems since.

Love, Mikie
  4. Didders

Didders New Member

Possibly gout? Swelling not always there. A blood test can easily see if you've got high uric acid. In the meantime...Try one or all of these to get the acid down: 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in water 2 x day, 1 tablespoon Apple Cidar Vinegar with "the mother" (Braggs makes it - health food store), cherries or cherry concentrate. Cut back on red meat. Google gout remedies and you'll find a ton of sites.

Also, if you've had lower lumbar disc problems, that area is connected to the toes. Is your back sore? Just a few ideas...good luck! I sure know what a bother it can be!
  5. sueliza

sueliza New Member

Hi, I had this in my left foot a couple of years ago. Mine though got worse as the day went on and if I went for a walk my third and fourth toes would go numb. I had no swelling or redness.

You should be able to reproduce your symptoms by pressing on the foot right below the third and fourth toes and may be able to feel a lump there.

I went to the podiatrist and he immediately knew what it was, gave me a shot of cortisone, and I haven't had pain since.

I wish the trigger point injections I have gotten worked this well! I hope you get this figured out and get rid of the pain.