Morton's toe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Denamay, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hello folks,

Does anyone know about the relationship between fibromyalgia and Morton's toe?

Greetings from Canada, Denamay
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is this a Morton's neuroma? I had that years ago. Got a steroid shot between my toes where the nerve was inflammed and it went away and never came back. I'm not a big fan of steroids but when inflammation is so bad, I think a local shot can be a God send.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hi Mikie, No Morton's neuroma is something different.

What I understad about Morton's toe is: that the second toe is longer that the big toe and it pulls everything out of alignment.

I had heard that people with fibro tend to have a longer second toe and that is part of our problem.

There is book written by [I think ] Dr. Shuller, sorry I can't think of his proper name [brain fog].

Take care, Denamay
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Both my second toes are a bit longer than the large toe. On my left foot, I had to have the joint removed from my big toe because it was a hammer toe so the second toe is quite a bit longer. My toes "roll" to the side instead of lying flat. I don't know whether that's from those old pointy toe shoes or is a foot problem. I wear sandals down here all the time so don't have to worry. I do have a hard time finding comfortable fashionable shoes. I wear my Sketchers if I'm working around the condo bldg. or walking. I wore them when I worked.

Folk lore says that those with longer second toes are the leaders in the family.

Love, Mikie
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

The shorter one got in the way one night back from the bathroom while the big toe went the other way. Ouch. Broken big time and now it curves something awful like a lazy S shape. The longer one is always tripping me up too.

Mikie....interesting. I'm also the leader of the family.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm an only child so I'm the leader by default :)

Love, Mikie
  7. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Ouch! That must have been painful.
    I looked at my feet and all of my other toes are smaller than my big toes. My sisters though both have longer second toes. They however do not have Fibro or ME/CFS. Perhaps They have my feet by mistake. Or maybe they should have this illness and there has really been a mixup!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When I was pregnant. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and stubbed it because I couldn't see over my stomach :) Well, it's funny now but hurt like hell then. I taped it to the second toe to keep it from healing crooked. Hammer toes run in families and our family is no exception.

I love living down here in the jungle where we don't have to wear real shoes, just flip flops; however, my feet are spreading out like a peasant's. Not a pretty sight. Still, I keep dry skin filed off my heels, my nails painted, and my feet moisturized. It's necessary when one's feet are on display. Another benefit is that I have to keep limber enough to reach my feet. I refuse to go to a nail salon. They are petri dishes of bacteria no matter how clean they try to be.

As we get older, our feet twist and turn like the limbs of old trees. We get wrinkles like the bark of old trees. Geez, if we live long enough, do we get petrified?

Love, Mikie
  9. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

if you do a search on the above, you'll find info.

I just heard Dr. Darrow with his weekend program on Prolotherapy and a person called in with Morton's Toe issue...Prolo can help that.

Dr. said Prolo does real well in hands and feet as injections are done in small areas.

He has a site but last time I posted it here, moderators removed it, why I never found out.

So look at that one....I will being doing Prolo soon for my knee....I'm hopeful. Tired of the bandAids...I had Prolo in
    shoulder about 3+ yrs ago and it really helped.....I could use Prolo all over my body parts.....jam
  10. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

if you do a search on the above, you'll find info.

I just heard Dr. Darrow with his weekend program on Prolotherapy and a person called in with Morton's Toe issue...Prolo can help that.

Dr. said Prolo does real well in hands and feet as injections are done in small areas.

He has a site but last time I posted it here, moderators removed it, why I never found out.

So look at that one....I will being doing Prolo soon for my knee....I'm hopeful. Tired of the bandAids...I had Prolo in
    shoulder about 3+ yrs ago and it really helped.....I could use Prolo all over my body parts.....jam