Most comfortable mattress/topper for FM???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yorkielove, Aug 13, 2006.

1. yorkielove

yorkielove New Member

I posted yesterday, and got 1 response, but please anyone out there sleeping on a good mattress or topper, please let me know. It seems my pain is mostly in the morning, and it takes most of the day to work it out. So, I'm thinking maybe I need a different mattress topper. Does anyone have the cuddle ewe, and does it help support the body. This is the second day I'm have extreme pain and can't seem to shake it. Are you getting good sleep on air mattress, foam, wool, down? I have an adjustable bed where I can raise the top and bottom, which I like very much, but I think I need to get a new topper. Just don't know what is giving anybody any relief. Thanks for your help!
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I liked it so well that I got mattresses too.I wrap the topper with a bungee cord and take it if I have to stay at a motel.Linda
  3. yorkielove

yorkielove New Member

I do the same thing with my egg crate topper. It goes where I go!
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I really hope that you find what works for you and makes you comfy.Sleeping is half the battle with cfs/fms
  5. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Yorkielove:

I have a cuddle ewe mattress topper, and it has made all the difference in my sleep. My mother and sister gave it to me 4 years ago for Christmas...and it is still doing its job. It has gotten a bit flatter, but still works. I know that they have a no risk policy, and I think it is either 30/60/90 day return policy.

I have also used a "memory" foam topper we got at Costco. Cannot think of the brand name, but will look at it and report back.

My biggest suggestion is to try out as many as you can...and hopefully you will find one that allows for returns with no cost to you.

Also, as others have recently posted, a high thread count (600/800/1000) will give you improved sleep quality, as there is less static, as well as the sheets are "softer".

Ingrid
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I have a 3 inch memory foam topper that I got through 'healthy foundations' online. I will recommend this one to everyone!

Just type in "memory foam mattress topper" in your search box and their website, along with others will pop up.

For some reason, it doesn't work if you type the web address in on the bar.

I researched before I bought, and this one seems to be the best. I had bought one from "True Sleeper" many years ago on TV, and it has held up wonderfully. It's still on my hubby's bed.

When I typed in "true sleeper memory foam mattress topper," in the search box, Healthy Foundations popped up too. Oh, Free shipping too! Fed Ex ground even delivered on Saturday!

Good luck with your decision.
    Hugs,
    E

7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

This mattress beats any I have ever tried. Also, every single house guest we have ever had says this mattress gave them the best night's sleep they have ever had.

Spring Air Four Seasons Diamond
    "Back Supporter"
    Pillow top

This is all it says on the material on the mattress. It was not any more expensive than other mattresses. We bought it about 6 years ago.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2006]