MOST EFFECTIVE OVER THE COUNTER PAIN MED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HAPPYDOGSUZ7777, Aug 6, 2006.

1. HAPPYDOGSUZ7777

HAPPYDOGSUZ7777 New Member

Aloha,
    I am weaning myself off vicodin, I only take 2 a day but have done so for about a year now.Which over the counter pain med helps you the most? Thanks, ><>suz<><
  2. three or four advil help me the most.
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    I take aleve. Frankly tho, just because their over the counter dosen't mean their any safer to take. So if vicodine does the job for you, I'm not so sure I'd quit.

Good Luck!
    Kbak
  4. wkirk87

wkirk87 New Member

I think the best thing to do is mix them and/or rotate them. Also, go by the active ingredient(s) instead of the brand names. Gl!
  5. greggbarnett

greggbarnett New Member

Percogesic works pretty good. Kind of Expensive but it helps me alot. I try not to take my Lortab unless I absolutely have to.
  6. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I hope "they" never find anything wrong with this one as they did others..........
  7. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Definitely the Percogesic. I found out about it when pharmacy teching and the pharmacist told me it is the only OTC med that contains a mild muscle relaxer. That is exactly what I need and it works. It is a great switch out med when you are trying to put some space between your prescribed meds.
  8. IEMom

IEMom New Member

Can anyone tell me more about Percogesic? Does it cause drowsiness? It would be great if it helped me fall asleep too.
  9. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Is Percogesic a prescription?
  10. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Is found OTC and is a little tricky to find. Some pharmacies as well as Wal-Mart usually carries it. I can't find it just anywhere, but it's worth looking for.

I think it can cause drowsiness. It seems to make my husband drowsy, but he gets drowsy if he takes Extra Strength Tylenol, so it's hard for me to be a judge of that, LOL!
  11. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

percogesic or advil. percogesic is just some form of tylenol but is has an extra ingredient and it seems to work so much better then plain tylenol. another thing you could do so you continue to use less lortab is alternate the lortab with 800mg of advil in between.
    rachel