mother/daughter dx

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ducky, Sep 18, 2002.

1. ducky

ducky New Member

Hi everyone,
    This is the first time I have posted here but it seems like a really wonderful group of people and place for support. I have FMS/CFS. I was dx'd in 1997 but have been sick since 1988. My daughter who is 11 was also dx'd a year ago with FMS. She has been ill most of her life with one thing or another. I am sure you can imagine there are many challenges we face everyday (just as all of you do!),
    but the most pressing one at the moment is school. We homeschool our children due in great part to my daughter's illness. She can not handle traditional school, it is just too much for her. Often though, the responsibility of her education is too much for me. Between her bad days and mine every day is a great struggle. I am in a major flare right now and I know that doesn't help matters any. I don't know how I can keep doing this.

Thanks for listening.
  2. ducky

ducky New Member

Hi everyone,
    This is the first time I have posted here but it seems like a really wonderful group of people and place for support. I have FMS/CFS. I was dx'd in 1997 but have been sick since 1988. My daughter who is 11 was also dx'd a year ago with FMS. She has been ill most of her life with one thing or another. I am sure you can imagine there are many challenges we face everyday (just as all of you do!),
    but the most pressing one at the moment is school. We homeschool our children due in great part to my daughter's illness. She can not handle traditional school, it is just too much for her. Often though, the responsibility of her education is too much for me. Between her bad days and mine every day is a great struggle. I am in a major flare right now and I know that doesn't help matters any. I don't know how I can keep doing this.

Thanks for listening.
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Dxed with FMS and we have FMS and CFS. He os now 19 a had a great stuggle in school. He ended up getting his GED at 16. 3 of our other son's have many symtoms. They are 21, 21, and 25. We hope our 3 year old doesn't get it. He has IB,constant stuffy noise and tirers easily.

Do you have any P's that home school around you that will help you out? We have a friend that teaches all sciences in his home for other families.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Ducky, welcome to the board, both you and your daughter.

So sorry things are so bad for you, this illness is a struggle for adults, I can't even imagine a child having this too.

We have many members that will be able to relate to you, and they will be happy to share what they have done. A lot of homeschoolers also.

I have Fibro, and it sure must be hard to deal with both FM/CFS!

We are so glad you found our board, and we are happy to welcome you here!

Please check the top of this page, where it says; 'Home', Library', and 'Community', there is a wealth of information, especially the latest research on these two illnesses.

We also have the 'Store' link for supplements, they are of the hightest quality and loads of information there also.

Again, welcome to the group!

Shalom, Shirl

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome aboard. I'm sorry that you are yet another multi- generational member, but I'm glad you have found us. My Mom had FMS, I have FMS/CFIDS, and both my daughters have FMS. It is seeing young children suffer with this that breaks my heart. Bless you.

Love, Mikie