Mother-in-law had a massive stoke- please pray!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Feb 15, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

She's 87,paralized on the right side, she can't talk or respond to questions. The hospital staff keeps taking her blood pressure and testing her every hour and this just makes her moan and curl up (fetal position).

When we try to hold her good hand, she squeezes it so hard you can't get your fingers out. And they tried to give her oxygen but she kept pulling the tubes out of her nose.
    Very Scary! Very Hard on the family. Hubby is so sad.
    Please pray for her and the family and for compassionate hospital staff.

Strokes are so different, too, we don't know if she will be able to function or not.

My heart is just breaking for her.
    LOL, Nanna
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

That's terrible. I will pray for all of you.

Hugs,
    Kendra
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Nanna,
    I'm so sorry! I will certainly pray for a good outcome, and for strength for you all.

Love,
    Terry
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm so sorry. Strokes are such terrible monsters. This is a scary time, too. My grandmother had a similar stroke and, tho she never fully recovered, she did learn ways to communicate with us and was able to live reasonably well for many more years.

My father also had a very serious stroke-like injury. The first year is very hard but a lot of recovery can happen in the first few years.

My heart is with your family. I hope you find comfort.

sofi
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear about your MIL. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for you and your family...Terri
  7. gumama

gumama New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.... Bless her heart, why do the elderly have to suffer.. My Mom is in a nursing home. we had to place her last week, because I just couldn't take care of her anymore.. she's very close so I can go and see her everyday, but its very heart wrenching to see your loved ones going down hill...

My prayers are with you....

gumama
  8. kbak

kbak Member

Nanna,
    Praying for your MIL. My neighbor had a massive brain stem stroke several yrs. ago. It should have killed him. He has had a miraculous recover over the yrs. He can walk with a walker, and talk with no trouble. I pray that God brings healing for your MIL.

K.
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Praying for you and your whole family right now. What a hard thing! I pray the hospital staff will be encouraging and helpful to your MIL and to all of you!

You take care of you, too.

Sue
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Nanna,

So sorry to hear of this. I know that it is so hard to see her going through this. Will put you all on my prayer list!

I just pray that she isn't too aware of what she is going through!

Love....Mari
  11. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Im sorry to hear this.
    Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you, your husband, MIL, and rest of the family.
    May God have his hand, on the entire situation.
    Love, Karen
  12. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Just as hard on the family as it is on her. I hope it will improve soon.
    take care. stephanie
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My own mom had this happed at 88 and we let her go as the impact was bad with her. It sounds as if she is able to move etc with pulling the tubes out.

It is very distressing, but these days they have these great stroke meds too.

I know what it is like to watch, so please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you all
    Love Anne C
  14. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Thank you for your prayers, the family has been amazingly calm but mom not doing so well. She just sleeps, nolonger holds hands or opens her eyes, just lays there with her mouth open. So sad - they say she won't last more than a few more days.
    I appreciate all of your support and prayers.
    LOL, Nanna
  15. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Yesterday after church we went over to see Mom. When we got
    there the rest of the family was waiting in the hall, one of the care staff was cleaning up the lady in the other bed. It was only about 15 minutes and Mom chose to stop breathing then. We all went in there and kissed her goodbye.
    It was so strange, she was walking around a week ago and now she's gone.
    Just to let you know. She didn't suffer and the staff was
    good to her, and the family was around her constantly until she died.
    Thank you for your support. Nanna
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

my father had one at the age of 55 years old...he is ok now..walks, talks and is on meds for it now...

i pray for the strength for you family to get thru this difficult time...

hugs

jodie
  17. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

My prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry for the pain you all have had and will have over this loss.

God bless,

sofi
  18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I just read about your MIL's passing and I wanted to tell you I'm sorry and will pray for your family as you go through this hard time.

I'm very glad she didn't suffer, and I'm glad family was around while she was living...I have a feeling she knew you were there even if she couldn't respond.

Again, I'm sorry and blessing and peace for each of you during this time.

Sue