mother in laws..grrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by inpain3, Oct 5, 2002.

1. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

Lordie!! i would love to choke my mother in law!! When i say i have to take a PAIN pill, she says, here have a TYLENOL! when i say i am getting a cold or virus, she says here have a VITAMIN!
    i tell her repeatedly to no avail, that tylenol effect me as much as m&m's, and vitamins will make me chuck. with that. i am told to take them with food, or milk... i am in a flare, first one in a few months, and i feel awful...
    why oh why does she have to be a know it all, and you cant tell her anything! is it me or when you flare, ppl are just so much more aggrivating!
    i wanted to get rid of some clothes my hubby dont wear, well, he has NEVER worn them, stupid me blurts it out that i am getting rid of his flannel shirts. she says "now, he wears those, you better not get rid of them!" i have NEVER seen him wear ONE in the past 6 yrs! i tell her that, and know what the ditz says..."well, he'll wear them THIS winter!" i really wanna tell her how it is...."look, crazy woman (putting it nicely) i have been with my hubby for 6 years, 24 hours a day, i know by now what he wears, what he will wear and if he likes it! so stop wasting your money and buying things he wont use"
    i call her the "cure all with tylenol mother inlaw" hubby just laughs and told me to sell whatever, he dont care!
    she sent him to live with his dad when he was 5, so how in all Gods creation does this nutcase KNOW her sons likes and dislikes? but noooo you cant tell her that! she swears she knows everything he like and dont, and tries to tell me how to run my marriage. do this and do that..bull poo poo! just cause she slaves away for a hubby who beat on her doesnt give her the right to tell me to bow down to her son. if her marriage was so perfect, how come she leaves for months at a time every time they argue?
    ohhh sorry bout all this, but when i flare, i sometimes need to release stress.
    thanx for letting me ramble, you guys are the best!

God bless!!

inpain3
  2. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

Lordie!! i would love to choke my mother in law!! When i say i have to take a PAIN pill, she says, here have a TYLENOL! when i say i am getting a cold or virus, she says here have a VITAMIN!
    i tell her repeatedly to no avail, that tylenol effect me as much as m&m's, and vitamins will make me chuck. with that. i am told to take them with food, or milk... i am in a flare, first one in a few months, and i feel awful...
    why oh why does she have to be a know it all, and you cant tell her anything! is it me or when you flare, ppl are just so much more aggrivating!
    i wanted to get rid of some clothes my hubby dont wear, well, he has NEVER worn them, stupid me blurts it out that i am getting rid of his flannel shirts. she says "now, he wears those, you better not get rid of them!" i have NEVER seen him wear ONE in the past 6 yrs! i tell her that, and know what the ditz says..."well, he'll wear them THIS winter!" i really wanna tell her how it is...."look, crazy woman (putting it nicely) i have been with my hubby for 6 years, 24 hours a day, i know by now what he wears, what he will wear and if he likes it! so stop wasting your money and buying things he wont use"
    i call her the "cure all with tylenol mother inlaw" hubby just laughs and told me to sell whatever, he dont care!
    she sent him to live with his dad when he was 5, so how in all Gods creation does this nutcase KNOW her sons likes and dislikes? but noooo you cant tell her that! she swears she knows everything he like and dont, and tries to tell me how to run my marriage. do this and do that..bull poo poo! just cause she slaves away for a hubby who beat on her doesnt give her the right to tell me to bow down to her son. if her marriage was so perfect, how come she leaves for months at a time every time they argue?
    ohhh sorry bout all this, but when i flare, i sometimes need to release stress.
    thanx for letting me ramble, you guys are the best!

God bless!!

inpain3
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Talk about mother-in laws.It seems mine can never ever say anything nice without first throwing a dig!!
    Today she stopped by to see my just remodeled dining room.....her first words"its about time,it took you's a year to do it!" What the hell???can't ya say wow yeah,that looks nice?(Whatever!!) She also thinks I just need vitamins to cure my FM!!!That we all must just have a deficiency.(what a hoot!!I have to laugh~otherwise someone would get hurt!!LOL)
    And just like the one your blessed with...she also knows what my man likes and dislikes.The other day my mom made us a crockpot of boneless pork and sourcrout(sp?) We ate lots and loved it!!!when I mentioned that to my mother-in law she said"My raymond ate pork&sourcrout!!!He never liked that!!! (omg get a grip lady!!he's not a little boy anymore!!)I could go on as I'm sure you coulda too,but I'll spare myself the misery of recapping~
    Your not alone sweetie!Take care,
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I am right there with you. I just spent 6 weeks in CT visiting my kids and grandkids and we didn't even let her know we were there the first 3 weeks. I have had 2 mother-in-laws and didn't get along with either one so I thought it was me. Well anyway when she did she me she said you don't look sick to me. BLABLABLA Then we had a family dinner and had to invite her. OMG I just couldn't keep my mouth shut-let her have it with full guns. All you have to do is quit smoking and you would be fine. My reply was of course my bones in my neck all rotted away because I smoke. She was complaining about her knee. I told her to be quiet until she has had 9 knee surgeries like me and a bone removed from my thumb. Now my neck is so bad they can't operate. Then I walked away.
    That was my reminder why I didn't want to move back to CT. I will just stay right here in TX with my caller ID and stay away from her.
    It really does help to vent.
    Thanks everyone,
    Cindy
  5. alomasp

alomasp New Member

Gosh girls, I really feel bad for you, I'm sure a pesty mother-in-law doesn't help your pain any.I like what the one said about the caller id. Great idea!!
    I have 2 mother-in-laws,my ex. she is a very sweet lady, we still are friends,plus she is 2 of my kids grandma, shes good to them,also.(guess I was lucky,there)
    My present mother-in-law passed away in 1992 of lung cancer, but she really liked me.(my husband had went through some really bad ex-wifes) I wish she still was here.Like they "Only the good die young" huh
    Myself I am also a mother-in-law,I really like my son-in-law.And I try to be good about staying outa there affairs.I don't want to be the one every dreads seeing come over.
    Sorry girls you never have got to experience the joy of a good mother-in-law. Seems the mothers need to grow up, & cut their apron strings.
    Hope you don't mind my butting in, jusy wanted to give praise to a "few" good ones.
    Alomasp
  6. Thella

Thella New Member

desert island we could send MIL's to.
    Mine if I say I hurt lets me know she has worse hurts.
    my son was in college for a year in the same town as she was and he never let her know he was there.
    She has alzheimers I swear but still lives alone. We live 10 hrs away but when she calls she asks me why we never stop to have a visit with her.
    When she calls I take the phone to the computer room and play solitaire on the computer and hmm and ahh at the appropriate times.
    She still talks about my children as being little. One is 6'2 not so little anymore.
    I have never done anything right. Mainly because I have not made my husband stop smoking.
    I don't think I ever will because she is deathly allergic to cigarette smoke so she can't visit us.
    So lets find an island and send them all to it.
    Where should it be in the Arctic where it is as cold as their hearts or hot like in hades where they probably will end up.
    take care and have nice dreams
    thella
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

one here in the same town and one is Seattle area, I truly love tthem both, had the mother in law from hell before, I knwo how tough that is, I am truly blessed in all of my family & my hubbys. I will keep them.

There are good ones out there!!!!!!!!

Jaci
  8. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

My mom-in-law is the best. She cooks for my hubby and son, knowing I can't most of the time. She shops and sends groceries over for me. Has offered to come clean my house, which is the one thing I refuse to let her do. Has sent me the most uplifting emails, daily. She does have her little quirks, like everyone, but boy she sure helps me out a lot. She totally believes in all the DD's I have and is always very concerned. I guess I lucked out. I couldn't imagine having a MIL like y'all are describing. Must be very frustrating to say the least. Good luck. Hope things get better between you and your MILs.

Regina
  9. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hey, just kidding...but you sure have an angel of a MIL. My "first" MIL was like that...would do ANYTHING for you.(she died last year..sob) Now with 2nd marriage...OMG...she says whatever is on her tongue no matter who she hurts. And thinks her poor little boy has it so rough because he "has to do everything now that I'm sick". She has no idea...i do as much as I can and mostly the rest just gets let go. I think my husband kinda likes me at home---except for financial loss with me not working...he always has his Hanes and socks clean in dresser and no day care to take turns running kids to. Morning chaos is less and he does his hobby stuff (hunting and fishing) LOTS more cause I don't feel strong or well enough to do much at all. He runs with kids alot to pick up/drop off for stuff. But the poor guy..."oh, he even has to COOK"....(he puts a Tombstone pizza in and that's his turn for dinner....Good Lord.) And my MIL KNOWS that my problem is all because of hypothyroid...cause she had that. She has health problems too...some major ones and still works 30 hrs a week. Wonders WHEN I will be back to work. When I worked she thought I should be home with kids. The woman almost cost us our marriage 5 years ago. Hands down---I win guys!!!
  10. motg

motg New Member

My probelm is that my Mom is just as bad as my mother-in-law.
    Barb
  11. allhart

allhart New Member

huggs sounds so much like mine they may be related

[ advertisement ]