Mother just called with "Guarantee Cure" Product on TV

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Mar 20, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

UUUUUgggghhhhh!!!!!! Just want to scream. My mother just calls and says she saw this product on TV that guaranteed to cure Fibro. They have a 1-800 she says, do you want it? They say you can also give it to your dog, etc. and it will cure everything. It has Yucca in it.

I said, Mom, don't you think if there was something out there to cure me, I would have found it????? UUUUggghhhh!!! Scream. Drives me crazy when people do that, usually my mom. I know she means well, but hello. I told her about this website and how if there was a product out there someone from here would have found it and told everybody.

She says okay, do you want the number? UUUggghhh!! LOL
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

For everyone that sees a sure or reads of CFIDS/FIBRO and tries to convince us that this is all we need......

At least they care for us,

But is trying to listen to them explain it all and they say this really fits you....I can see where they are on target with this......it makes nothing but sense......yadda yadda!

You can see where we let them down by not embracing what they are saying and not trying it or getting excited ourselfs.

I can see where they get disappointed and I am sure that some think."Well, that proves it. She just wants to be this way."

They do not know all the various things we have tried and how many times they have not worked. Nor do they know of the research and all that we do.......even when we tell them, I do not think they understand that we have invested much in being "cured" and would love to even find "Better and not cured".

But lets rejoice that they care and love us. Susan
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Ones close to me know I go to a message board and that I also research what I can on this....also belong to a support group....

SO....when I tell them that it has not helped others that you are in touch with...that no one is coming forth saying this helps......that it is a waste of your time, emotions and money....

Most understand that.............Susan
  4. collegemom

collegemom New Member

I am glad for you that someone cares enough to take the time to keep their eyes open for a cure.

She loves you and wants to help, thats a good thing.

My family doesnt understand and even though I print info for them they still feel helpless and confused.

Maybe this is your moms way of trying to help you!!!!

Hang in there-Tracy
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Oh goodie, another one! I'll buy it as soon as I finish off the one that is going to make me look like a model, the one that makes your nails and hair grow like crazy, the one that cures all eye sight problems, and of course, my DH will have to finish up with the hair growth goop we just got!

Isn't amazing how many things they sell on TV that will cure everything. Always think it's funny that my doc doesn't know all this stuff! He must not watch TV! LOL

Hugzz,

Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. Cindi

Cindi New Member

I really miss my Mom's "advice" & "suggestions!" She was sick with an early onset of Alzheimer's when I was dx'd. Try to take it with a grain of salt and remember that she means well :) Believe it or not, you'll MISS THIS when she isn't with you anymore!

God bless,
    ~Cindi
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I think I mentioned this on another post, but my husband and I had the biggest disagreement once when he saw a product advertised guaranteed to cure FMS. I didn't want to take it. I was at a point where I had tried so many things that I was tired of wasting money and getting my hopes up.

My husband got so upset (not like him at all)and he said "Don't you want to get well, are you just going to give in to this thing?" I realized then how afraid he was that he would never again see the woman that he married.

We talked calmly and I realized he was just trying to help. That incident helped me deal with other people who recommend products or other cures to me.They feel helpless and want to do something to help.

Lolalee
  8. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Yeah, I know my mom is just trying to help, but I do hate to see her waste her energy on things like this. Usually, I don't say anything except okay, give me the number.

It just gets aggravating when we are trying so hard to get well.

Thanks again ya'll. Take care.