MotherinLaw died yesterday....UPDATE

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fivesue, Dec 29, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

She was 92, very close to her 93rd birthday. She had a massive heart attack and went peacefully about 6 hours later. She was with her daughter and family for Christmas, so at least she had family there when she passed.

WE are traveling to Santa Barbara on Sunday...just returned yesterday from a week of traveling...very tired but must press on.

I would appreciate your prayers for safety as people travel and for God's comfort to those of us who are grieving.

She was a great lady. Such a spark about her. She will be deeply missed.

My husband and I have buried three of our four parents in a little less that 2 years. Very wearisome.

Blessing for a good 2007.
    Sue

January 8th...

We are home. A lovely service celebrating the life of a great lady. Thank you each on for your prayers.[This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2007]
  2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

hi Sue,so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.Sounds as though she really enjoyed life & will be sadly missed.My,getting to 92 is such an achievement.In saying that both my grandmothers lived well into their 80's and loved life,still remember them fondly.
    Will say some prayers for you & your family.Safe travelling.
    Regards,Paul.
  3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Sue so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. You are all in my prayers at this hard time and for safety for you trip.

My husband lost his parents one day short of two months. I lost my mothere eight years ago. I know it is hard. It sounds like your MIL lived a full good life.

God bless; Pam
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, she did live a good life...a long, happy life. She was a wonderful mother and a fun lady.

She handled the ills of old age so gracefully. Quite a role model for me.

So, take care, all of you....be sure to love those members of your family while they are still here to love.

Sue
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sad for you and your family. Please know that I will remember you all in my prayers. This is never easy....but God will get you all through.
    It sounds like your dear mother-in-law was a wonderful lady...and easy to love! I know that you were happy to be her daughter-in-law.

Love....Mari
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, she was a sweetie...what spark she had.

We are leaving for Santa Barbara on Sunday morning, and the funeral will be on Friday. Then, we will come home. I'm sure we will have to go back as the house will have to be dealt with...and so it goes.

But, this last 2 years has been very hard on us. Two years ago today, we still had all our parents...and now, just one remains.

Hard to believe. Hard to deal with. Thank goodness for Jim...he is wonderful. Thank goodness for Jesus...we grieve" but not as those who have no hope."

Thanks again.
    Love,
    Sue
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sorry about your loss, you have given yourself some good encouragement with those last words,

"Thank goodness for Jesus...we grieve" but not as those who have no hope."

Amen!

Dear Lord, we just ask that you would comfort Sue, and her family at this time, and that her peace would be a witness and comfort for others. Please be with her, and strenghten her for this time, with the traveling, and the funeral, and taking care of all the details. Give her strengh, endurance, and wisdom in Jesus's name, Amen

Love ya,
    Misty
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thank you for the prayer...you hit everything right on the head! We are so weary and without God's strength, this would be impossible.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

Blessings!
    Sue
  9. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother-in-law. It is never easy to lose someone you love. I've been there. Anyway, I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Take care and safe travel.
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I appreciate your condolences. WE are at home for today and leaving tomorrow for the south. Yet another trip south.

And, an sad mission to complete.

Hope that 2007 is good for you and your family.

Again, thanks for the thoughts.

Sue
  11. 143alan

143alan New Member

I am so sorry for your loss and for all the parents you have lost in the past 2 years. I know that has to be very taxing on you, physically and emotionally. I will pray for God to give you the strength you need.

Nancy
  12. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Sue - I am so sorry to hear this about your motherinlaw. Sounds like she truly was a blessing to you and your family.

Dear God, Please watch over Sue and her family as they travel and give her and her family peace, love and strength through this difficult time. God Bless

Hugs,
    carolin
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  13. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry for your loss especially at this time of year. It sounds like your MIL lived a good life and gave a good example of how to grow old gracefully. Getting to the age of 92 gracefully can only be done by those with a strong spirit. A life well lived.

I will pray for your safe travels and that you have the energy to get through this.

Love, Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am sorry for your loss. Your MIL sounds like she was a great woman and she lived a good long life. I know that doesn't make it any easier though.

I pray that the Lord will comfort your family during this difficult time.

Love,
    Nancy
  15. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Sue

My heart bleeds for you and your family

I am so sorry for all you are going through again this holiday season

I am praying that God will be with you and your family and praying for a safe trip and return for you
    May God Bless you

kgangel
  16. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Prayers go out to the family and friends of this woman. Praise the Lord she is in heaven, its the loved ones that are left here in pain.
    Julie