Motor Skills

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DaciaK, Oct 23, 2007.

1. DaciaK

DaciaK New Member

My Motor Skills are out of whack-I'm starting to have problem while saying certain words-they will not come out right-i feel like i go into slow motion lol.. People look at me and say excuse me??? arrrggg why why why? I get nervous and start feeling anxious and pray that the person i'm talking to understand me. It's bad enough-i've an accent-It's starting to piss me off -people keep correcting me-how i pronounce words lol... I'm Hispanic Darn it-It's easier for me to pronounce it in spanish lol... that's how i remember words:p-Ya'll Take Care.

2. DaciaK

DaciaK New Member

Hi Linda-Yes, I'm new here:) thanx. I suffer from depression and social anxiety. What's CFS? I just feel the meds i was drinking made me a bit slow lol... I can't concentrate that much at times... I was drinking prozac, lexapro, and zoloft-I'm not drinking them no more because they were making me sick... so, i try to go solo but the depression came back and i was having a really bad episode and i found this site. I'm so glad not to feel alone. Take Care and be blessed. Oh by the way I'm 24 years old and I live in New York.:)

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Can both contribute to this. Our cognitive function is out of whack and it is related to our motor skills. I would love to buy one of those video game sets but if I did, I know I'd never get up again :) Simple things, like bouncing a ball, can help keep the motor skills going.

As for cognitive, I think doing things like learning another language, doing crossword puzzles, and reading difficult material helps. Using the non-dominant had makes new neural connections in the brain and helps too. When I had to have surgery on my right arm, I had to learn to print with my left, non-dominant hand. Every now and then, I still do crossword puzzles with my left hand.

If I'm tired, I notice not being able to "find" words and my typing goes downhill.

Love, Mikie