mouth sores from crest white strips?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Jan 5, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

i used to get in-the-mouth sores all the time. i took the advice of someone on this board and began using a natural toothpaste, didn't have sores for the longest time, then suddenly got one. it's on the inside of my top lip; the problem used to be mostly on the inside of my lower lips. i'm wondering if anyone ever got sores after using crest white strips as that's the only thing i've done different recently. it doesn't appear to have the same ingredient as toothpaste that causes the mouth sores (sodium laureth sulfate), but i'm betting its the culprit. anyone with an opinion?

eddie
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Yes, White strips can cause problems, they would make my gums burn if I used them too many days in a row. The dentist told me they have such high concentrates of ingredients they can irritate people.
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I tried to do them a couple of times. They would make me gag. I couldn't stand them in my mouth long enough to get some white action going on. I did notice my mouth burning. I was sure I'd get some blisters, So I just stopped using them.