mouth sores

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jetmek, Oct 12, 2002.

1. jetmek

jetmek New Member

I get these often and on and i dont like them Does anyone else have these they get so bad at times i cant talk my husband likes that benefit though lol any suggestions?
    Huggys and love Jenny
  2. jetmek

jetmek New Member

I get these often and on and i dont like them Does anyone else have these they get so bad at times i cant talk my husband likes that benefit though lol any suggestions?
    Huggys and love Jenny
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I have been getting mouth ulcers for years... I use magic mouthwash and mycelex trouches. I try to practice intense oral care too LOL>>> These things hurt so bad I understand! I also get these little "slits" in the corners of my mouth sometimes that hurt like the dickens. I've been getting them since I was about 12 and until the 80's there was no med that helped but diflucan makes them go away. if you need the 'recipe" for magic mouthwash lemme know.... its a compounded med and I can send ya the details if you need em! Good luck!
  4. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

get them all the time, I have had them for over 20 years. At one time I got them so bad I was in agony all the time. I have never found anything to clear them up. I think they are part and parcel with this disease. I hope you get some relief.
    Pat
  5. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I do get fever blisters from time to time (have a monsterous one right now). Everybody says use carmex, lysine, this new drug etc. What I have found that works best at drying them up and shortening the length of infection (YOU ALL MIGHT THINK I HAVE LOST IT), is toothepaste. When you start to feel that familiar itching or tingle in your lip, take a dab of toothepaste and apply to the spot. It will leave a whitish residue on your lip but if you do this nightly and leave it on, you can actually feel it start drying up. The stronger toothepaste the better. It will burn a little, but it will dry them up! A couple of times during the day I use alcohol on my fever blister to help keep it from getting infected (even more) and also dry up.
  6. TracyV

TracyV New Member

I didn't notice at first it was right before my period. But now I pay attention to these things more, and I get them about a week or two before my period. I have found if I rinse my mouth with a mixture of half water and vinager they clear up a little faster, it also gives some immdiant pain relief from them for me.
    Hugs,
    Tracy