Moved: Christians with FM

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Jorgie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

wordwarrior

Christians with FM? 07/23/08 05:35 AM

Hi,

Any Christians with FM out there? What do you think of FM in regards to your Faith? Life? As a Spiritual attack?

Let me know when you get the chance.

WW1963

Click here to inform us about this post. If the post is commercial in nature other otherwise may be in violation of our community rules and standards.Alert us BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

JABA520

I AM 07/23/08 06:27 AM

A CHRISTIAN and have FM. I struggle with the why me and why so much pain sometimes. but my faith has always been held strong by the beleif and fact that God is never going to give me more than I can handle. So even though I hurt I know I will be okay.

AMY

Click here to inform us about this post. If the post is commercial in nature other otherwise may be in violation of our community rules and standards. BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

wordwarrior

Me too 07/23/08 06:35 AM

Hi-

I am too. I know God will get me through, but I also think FM is a way Satan is using to clobber me. In a way, that is kinda neat as he must think I am a threat to him and his purposes - enough to clobber me with FM. Anyway - good luck to you!

WW1963

Click here to inform us about this post. If the post is commercial in nature other otherwise may be in violation of our community rules and standards. BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

janalynn

Christians 07/23/08 06:37 AM

I consider myself a Christian. I have a very strong faith and a personal relationship with God.
    I have never taken the "why me" approach with anything in my life. If anything, I've taken the "why me - wow have I been blessed in many areas of my life".

I just don't think that way. I don't believe we 'do' things that would make us suffer from FM or any other illness. (or be attacked) Think of all of the innocent babies/children who are stricken with illness.

There are many many things that I could suffer from that are much worse than FM - As a matter of fact, I'd rather suffer from this, than have one of my children have it, or my Mother or anyone else I loved. I'm thankful I don't have a terminal illness. There are just too many things I'm thankful for.

I guess a lot just depends on how you think. I'm one who believes that although we do not know the reasons of why things happen - if we take notice, there will be small things that happen along the way that we will be grateful for. Maybe we've made a new friend, maybe we've slowed down and learned to appreciate the simpler things, who knows... It's awfully hard to think that way sometimes when the pain/fatigue/financial struggles and everything else is weighing heavily on our shoulders. BUT..for some reason, I just don't do the 'why me?' thing.

wordwarrior

Why Me? 07/23/08 06:49 AM

Hi-

I try not to do the "why me" thing either - but I do feel we are on "spiritual battlegrounds" every day. A bit about my life: I was terribly bullied in school from grade 3-7, at age 12 I was molested by the father of a child I babysat for, at age 15 I met my first husband whom I married and he beat me for 17 years and my three kids, I lost two kids, Left the marriage with the three living kids, came out with a terrible divorce settlement because my ex is "connected", had to scrape my life off the floor, began college at 36, got a job with benefits to cover costs and insurance for the kids (ex only pays $300.00 per month - claims depression to get out of paying what he should), Lost close to $100,000.00 in court over the years with my ex, and now I have FM (have had it since before 2000, but never properly diagnosed). Oh, and I am stuck in NJ for 5 more years because my ex has decided he does not want me to leave - and I have no money/credit left to fight him in court about it. He has not exercised his visitation rights in over 2 years.

The good things: I will graduate with a 3.906GPA 5/09 with highest honors, still have my job, remarried a great guy, and my kids are not too screwed up. Have a home in NYS to go to when I am allowed to move in 5 years - for now we visit every other weekend.

Anyway - taking all the above into consideration - I really think Satan is attacking my life - because I use it as a testimony every chance I get. No matter what he throws at me - I'll keep getting up because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

WW1963

JABA520

AMEN 07/23/08 07:25 AM

To that WW. You have a great testimony and just to be clear I dont dwell on the why me, I wonder about it on bad days but then turn right around and pray for strength to get through the day. And I have learned to slow down and appreciate the smaller things in life. I have 2 boys they keep me and my husband quite busy. So on a bad day they know I need to slow down and we will get everything we want done. And we do I know through Christ who strenthens me. And I know will never give me more than I can handle.

Amy

wordwarrior

Hi again 07/23/08 07:50 AM

Don't get me wrong - I have plenty of why me days - why does he get away with things days, why am I responsible for everything days, etc. Then I wallow in the pit of pity for a while, mad at God for not helping me out --- then I see that Satan must be pretty scared of what God is doing in my life or he wouldn't bother with little ol' me. And then I realize that all he can do is mess around with me a bit - and make my life uncomfortable. My eternity is secured! So, I dwell on that and it helps things move along---

WW1963

joyfulprayz

Christians/FM 07/23/08 07:54 AM

I don't view it as a spiritual attack; however, I do believe Satan uses it to make me think I CAN'T do what God is asking me to do.

Especially when the flares are really bad...like now :-?

wordwarrior

Crappy here too 07/23/08 08:02 AM

I'm feeling pretty crappy today too. At least the migraine I had yesterday has not reared its ugly head again yet. My back, arms, hands, and legs are killing me. After work I have to go to college till 10Pm, and it's my 3rd wedding anniversary today ;)

Oh well - life goes on ...

ww1963

JABA520

JOYFULLPRAYZ 07/23/08 08:03 AM

That is a good way to put it. And WW I wasnt really aiming my comments at you. Joy I hope your day gets better.

((((((HUGS))))) gentle ones of course

AMY

kwsmom

Christians with FM 07/23/08 08:05 AM

I am a Christian and have FM and herniated disks and bone spurs in my neck. When I start to think why me I always try to think of the pain and suffering Jesus felt when he was on the Cross. There is none of my pain that would even come close to the pain He suffered. I know that all I have to do is call on him and he will help me with the pain that I am feeling. I am very blessed to have family and friends that I can ask to pray for me when things are so hard. That is the best medicine I could ask for.

Mikie

We Have A Worship Board 07/23/08 08:13 AM

You may be delighted to know that there are other boards here, including a Worship Board where you can discuss topics of faith. If you click on the strip above on Message Boards, you will find a list of all the boards here. There is also a friendly Chit Chat Board for off-topic posts. You navigate back here using the same technique. There are some wonderful members on our other boards and many of them post here as well.

Love, Mikie

wordwarrior

Yes you are 07/23/08 08:15 AM

Hi-

Yes, you are blessed. Friends and family that are supportive are the best medicine you can have. My hubby is the kindest man alive, but he doesn't talk much about my problems of FM. I think he is upset that I have to go through so much, so he concentrates on how he can change the subject and make my day better. Sometimes I just need to talk about this - that is why I started on these boards. I lost my best friend the month after I got married - I think she was mad that I remarried (she is a feminist - which is not a bad thing - but in this case it was). After I relied on a man again and married I think she was disgusted and found little reasons to break our friendship. Since I am a private person - I really only had her as a friend - so for the last three years I have not found a replacement. And when times are bad like this (health wise) it would be nice to have a woman to confide in.

WW1963

wordwarrior

Thanks 07/23/08 08:17 AM

Thanks Mikie -

I was just wondering about Christianity and FM so I posted here to see if others had the same connection. Looks like I found a few.

WW1963

dmb655

dmb 07/23/08 08:54 AM

You have found another Christian with FMS and Chronic Fatigue. I prayed for the Lord to heal me and I know He heard my prayer but this is a way of reminding me everyday that my strength is in Him and I can't make it a day on my own. Paul asked the Lord three times to be healed of his "thorn in the flesh" and God chose not to heal him. It has nothing to do with how "good" a Christian you are but has everything to do with being "conformed to the image of Jesus Christ". Who suffered more than Him? All this pain and suffering will one day make Heaven that much sweeter

baanders

I'm a Christian too 07/23/08 08:55 AM

I struggle with my faith. When I can, I go to a cemetary and go to the Jesus statue. I touch his hands, feet, and side. I pray to that statue. I feel His presence. I know He hears me. I've been taught it is God's will to heal me (Isiah 53:5), Psalm 103.

I believe this illness makes it harder for me to hear from God and enjoy life as I used to. But I know 3 things:

1. No guts, no glory.
    2. No cross, no crown.

We cannot take our life with our own hands. Thou shalt not murder.

becca

kaymac

Wow 07/23/08 09:21 AM

Wow....some awesome posts. Just wanted I wanted to read today or should I say "needed" to read.

baanders put it in my words exactly....

I'm a Christian too 07/23/08 08:55 AM

"I struggle with my faith. When I can, I go to a cemetary and go to the Jesus statue. I touch his hands, feet, and side. I pray to that statue. I feel His presence. I know He hears me. I've been taught it is God's will to heal me (Isiah 53:5), Psalm 103.

I believe this illness makes it harder for me to hear from God and enjoy life as I used to. But I know 3 things:

1. No guts, no glory.
    2. No cross, no crown. "

I was feeling so lost, this illness, new symptoms or horrible flares that never end....lonely because friendships end and stresses of life and my faith begins to shrink and I turn from God because I guess I'm ashamed I question my faith and life when you are hurting so bad....why do I turn from him instead of too him???

Thanks for the posts.

JABA520

THIS 07/23/08 09:29 AM

is one of the best threads I have read on here. No offense to the others it is just really uplifting to read everyones testimony and know we together with Christ can stand strong against this. To each of my newfound christian friends I pray for blessings upon you and peace when needed.

AMY

fibromickster

Wordwarrior 07/23/08 10:46 AM

Yes, I am definetly a Christian. Regarding my faith, I believe God gives us as much as we can handle and no more.

Therefore, he doesn't do this to us to punish us but to help us in experiencing pain to be able to help others in crisis or that are in much more pain than us and have it a lot worse.

I hope I make sense.

God Bless

Mickey

Leanna44

I am a Christian 07/23/08 11:08 AM

Yes, I am a Christian who was recently diagnosed with FMS. I have not lost my faith but this illness has certainly slowed me down considerable.

I hope that with the new increase in my pain that I will be able to attend church more often as FM is a very lonley to have.

It is nice to know that I can reach out for prayers here as well as pray for others.

I do believe that my FM is a spiritual attack as the Lord has many things for me to do here and satan is just trying to slow me down or defeat my purpose. All I can say is that satan will not win because all things are possible through the Lord.

Leanna

mujuer

Count me in. I am a Christ follower. 07/23/08 11:38 AM

What do I think of FM in regards to my faith? Nothing can seperate me from Gods love, not even pain. If anything being taken out of the mainstream of life has allowed me more time to study my bible and my spirituality. I am learning to use my spiritual gifts now to help others.

Yes there is constant spiritual warfare going on but once you notice it going on with you, you can easily call on the lord to protect you. I have been a Christian all of my life and I have had a life of suffering but never has my faith wavered. I can always look back and see where God has brought me thru all of my trials and that is why I stand strong. This is just a passing thru here on earth and that is why we suffer. We are aliens in a strange land. When we go home, there we will find what we truely are. Blessings, P

wordwarrior

Glad to see 07/23/08 11:45 AM

Hi All-

Glad to see this post has generated some positive energy flow! God works in strange ways - even over the internet

Wordwarrior

meandkac

Fibro Christian 07/23/08 11:46 AM

I am a Christian with Fibro. I agree that God doesn't allow us to have anymore then we can handle. But also I don't think God gave me FM. Rather that bad illnesses/diseaeses were placed here on earth by Satan to try and waiver our faith. And that God knows that we are strong enough to over come this attack.
    I pray each day and I have become a stronger and better person because of the daily struggles I have learned to except. Blessings to everyone.

wordwarrior

Job"ite" 07/23/08 11:53 AM

Hi-

I kinda view my life as a Job"ite" experiance. Satan asked God if he could attack Job because Job loved God. God allowed this for some reason - maybe so that all of us FM'ers would have a book to relate to in the Bible! Job had many symptoms like FM - and he also got through the situation in the end.

That's my take---

Wordwarrior

johnthreesixteen

I was wondering what this thread would be like! 07/23/08 01:19 PM

Just off the top of my head, I wondered, "What does Fibro have to do with being a christian?" Well, if you think about it, EVERYTHING! In every circumstance, there is an opportunity to glorify God. He gave His life for me and now, I have given mine to Him and consider it joy, whatever happens in life. Not that Fibro is a joyful experience...not by a long shot! But if Paul can sit in prison and be joyful, I can certainly fight this disease with hope and optimism. I can still be useful to His kingdom!

The end (of my blah blah blah)lol

bdtmu516

wordwarrior hello 07/23/08 02:00 PM

the worse part about this diease as far as my Faith is that i can no longer go to Church and i feel horribly guilty about that...i want to but the pain and fatigue is bad..i watch sermons on tv and pray all the time but i miss chruch

i hope i can go again i miss it

kaymac

Me too.. 07/23/08 02:09 PM

My church worship has suffered tremendously. My "friends" at church do NOT understand. I am the only one at church with FM.

I wanted to tell this story. One Sunday someone (an elderly lady) was mentioned that she had a neck problem and was is horrible pain and she needed our prayers. For some reason it struck me the wrong way. I certainly can understand how she was in pain and needed prayers. But I thought I am in pain all the time, for 6 years now and people forget about us "chronic" pain sufferers. They move on and forget to pray for us and don't understand how we can still be hurting and in pain. They grow tired of us complaining and missing church and functions and begin to "loose belief" in us that we really do have a disease that does not get better! the person they brought up eventually got surgery and got "over" her pain, so they don't get why we don't. needless to say, my husband gave me a talk and I got over all that madness that day.

But I do miss going to church and functions as I did. I miss teaching Bible class. I may get there on Sunday for worship only and I usually don't go back at night because nights are hard on me. I guess the main reason my church friends don't understand is because I work full time. I make it work and miss evening services. I know those priorities are mixed up, but for now I force myself to work. someday I will quit that too.

kaymac

boltchik

Hello 07/23/08 02:09 PM

Nice post, yes I am a Christian also. I just see my FM as one of my trials in life to deal with. I do feel upset when the fatique gets so bad that I can't do all that I would like to do with my kids, but I do my best. I pray with them and try to give them positive thoughts to deal with whatever might come at them later in life.

Faith and hope are the things I rely on to get me through and it looks like there are many of us who have that for comfort! Hugs, Kim :)

lrning2cope

Kaymac 07/23/08 02:22 PM

I really identify with your post. I used to teach Sunday school , and help with tons of church related activities. Now I am happy if I make it to church at least 2 times a month.

I am a Christian ,and I believe in healing , however ...

People at my church do believe in prayer and healing . They have prayed over me many times. The problem I have is that they all "wonder" why I have not been healed and it makes me uncomfortable . God is in charge of what happens to me , not people. I appreciate the prayer, and I believe in prayer( I used to be a prayer leader) , but I also would like to be treated as a whole person , not a person who isn't whole because I havn't been healed .

I believe that Spiritual healing is so much more important anyway. If a person isn't in touch with God and His Word and the path that He wants them to take , this is something that needs to be healed too. I want healing in this ,as pain and meds sometimes make me spiritually deprived.

God has not abandoned me because I have disabilities. In fact , He is closer than ever . Jesus unterstands pain and I believe the Lord feels the pain right along with me. The only trouble is the I sometimes don't reach out to Him .

In His Grace,
    Holly

lurkernomore

I am a Christian too 07/23/08 02:37 PM

But until the fibro hit me to the point that I was no longer able to work, or drive myself to a mall, pretty much making me homebound, I was constantly distracted. MY fault, entirely.

Now don't get me wrong, I do not, for a second, think that fibro is a punishment. It is just a *thing* I deal with. I have other *things* such as diabetes, Sjogren's, Supraventricular Tachycardia, etc. So the fibro is just one of those things, but it is the one that made me slow down to a very slow pace.

I am married to a wonderful man who is a deacon, the Sunday School Administrator and is on more committees at our church that I can even remember right now. But I am lucky if I make it to a worship service two Sundays out of a month. Hubby is loving, compassionate and does what he can to help me...when he is here. But he does not, maybe can not is a better choice of words, understand that chronic pain means that it is here, it is unrelenting and, as much as the male in him wants to "fix me," there is no fix for fibro. At least not yet, anyway. So we don't discuss fibro very much at all.

And yet I realize that fibro is the very thing that has enabled me to slow down. I quit a job at which I was being treated horribly and disrespected anyway. I am now very sensitive to sound, so the music and television never gets turned on when I am here alone. As a result of all this, I have all the time in the world to choose how to worship, whether it be a morning devotional or sitting on my patio, watching the birds and marvelling at God's creations.

So to me, the pain that fibro brings is still somewhat a curse. But it has brought me a different type of freedom and change. Pain-bad, change-very good.

kaymac

Holly 07/23/08 02:46 PM

that is so true....I feel so inspired just reading all these posts over and over. I am not alone. We are all in the same boat. That is one beauty of the illness is that it can draw others of different backgrounds together and inspire one another. Maybe it's not meant to be that our local church family be the one who inspire and pray with us and for us, but our internet families.

I too am working on turning to God again instead of away. I know this wasn't sent on me, but I have to learn to use it to glorify God.

star273

Proud Christian! 07/23/08 03:25 PM

Its so nice to know there are so many christians out there and that we all have something else in common other then FM. I think our faith is what gets us through all of this. It can be so frustrating at times and we can never understand why. I know that in the bible God tells us he will never give us more then we can handle and I believe that no matter how hard it is. I know we can all make it through. God gives us the strengh to live with this. Maybe now that we know so many of us are christians, we can pray for each other to heal and to deal with this awful stuff.
    My grandma passed away 3 years ago and she was 83. She lived with a terrible arthritis from the time she was 18. She had the most faith in God. More then anyone else I have ever known. I think of her all the time and realize that if she could go through what she went through, I can do it. She kept a positive attitude and kept her faith.
    God be with you all and know that he is there and so are we, for each other!

malinta

i am 07/23/08 03:33 PM

i am & have been for a long time. this is a lonely iilness and thank you for sharing your stories!.

butterfly83

christian 07/23/08 03:43 PM

I'm a Christian, but I don't believe God "punishes" people with illness. The Bible says that he is a loving God - why would he punish us with a painful illness? We are living in an imperfect world, and the Bible says time and unforseen occurance will befall us all. Satan may try our faith but God doesn't.

gapsych

WW 07/23/08 06:45 PM

Wordwarrier since you are new, this is not the place to post religious messages. There is a religious board.

Click the tab above that says message boards and it will take you there.

If you read the rules you will see that politics and religion are a big no no on this board. I know how overwhelming it can be to read the rules when you first sign on but you might want to go back and check.

I would just hate for this to be moved there and you not knowing where it went.

Also, welcome to the board. I am curious about your name.

Take care.

GA

[This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]

peace77

to humble me 07/23/08 06:58 PM

I think God gave me this to humble me. I turned to Him because I was sooooooooooo sick. I've been a Christian ever since. Apparently, it's serving a purpose because He hasn't healed me yet and I don't think He will. I think I can improve depending on how I take care of my body but it will never go away and even probably be progressive. This does not affect my faith in His power to heal others or do other miracles in my life. I am fully content to have joy in all situations. He is my strength and I have total faith in Him. He does answer other prayers. Good Topic. God Bless you and hope you have miracles happen for you,
    Michelle

jaminhealth

My belief is I just got this stuff 07/23/08 07:11 PM

has nothing to do with god, religion, universal spirit, whatever. stuff happens and that's my opinion.

I too believe this should be on the Worship Board.

kathy622

Spiritual attack? 07/23/08 07:12 PM

You're kidding right?

Do you honestly thing God/Jesus would put illnesses or suffering upon you?

I am a Roman Catholic. I believe that we get illnesses randomly and that God helps those who help themselves.

How else can one explain childhood illnesses? Or congenital conditions?

God is omnipresent, I believe.

You must pray but also take action. God created free will for a reason. When you're in the boat, you must realize that God gave you the oars.

Iam1ShadyLady

Not an attack 07/23/08 08:49 PM

I think this was God's way of slowing me down and humbling me. Since this illness took over I have learned to put my faith in him more. I posted my story earlier, maybe you read it. Since I lost my job in March, we have not lost our home,all our bills are paid and we have food to eat. I have no idea other than it is Him taking care of us how we are surviving. My dh draws SSA but that is not enough, just barely enough to cover the bills. But God keeps sending me help through strangers that become friends and taxes that we were behind on that the IRS actually owed us, it has all come right when we need it.

Now dh is doing the ticket to work program with SSA and vocational rehabilitation so hopefully he'll go to work soon, he just got his class A license and has a job lined up. He has to get a medical waiver first because of his leg amputation but he has an appointment for that. I have so much more faith now than then. I have been a Christian since I was 12 but I didn't always have the faith that I should.

But I only have FM, my hubby lost a leg and has Crohn's disease and he said that losing his leg saved his soul. It brought him closer to God and now that we are together he said that he is happier than he ever was before he lost his leg at 19. He told me that I wouldn't have even looked at him before his accident because he was a jerk, his words.

God does not put more on us than we can bear, and if we keep our eyes on Him and don't allow the devil to put it in our minds that he is punishing us and it is His fault, our reward will be great one day. Hubby says that this is a trial that we have to go through to make our reward in heaven that much greater and I believe that too.

SHELL

AndrewB

I'm a Scientologist with FM 07/23/08 09:09 PM

Kidding....... The cure does lie with science though! I could teach those Scientologists a thing or two... Their natural healing methods are outdated. They have a Scientology Church in my town and people always protest in front of it... How mature!

mujuer

I checked the rules Gapsych 07/23/08 10:32 PM

and I don't see where it says that we can't discuss religion or politics. Maybe it is there but I just didn't see it. I think anyone who suffers from any illness should approach healing and understanding with Mind, Body and Spirit. I didn't see where many others were discussing a particular religion, just there spirituality and how it was helping them. If it is helping us then it would fall in line with everything else here on the board that is helping us like drugs, lifestyle changes, disability, and such.

Yes, there is a Worship Board. Some of the people on it have been striken with an illness and some have not. I hope we aren't breaking the rules by having this post but if we are I hope someone from Prohealth lets us know. P

wordwarrior

Illness and Faith goes hand in hand... 07/24/08 03:33 AM

Hi all-

Don't want to step on any toes, but I believe illness and faith goes hand in hand. Who can walk through an illness without considering their own spirituality or faith? Therefore, I believe discussions about spirituality should not be discouraged when dealing with cronic pain or terminal illnesses. I think this post has brought many of the participants a feeling of power through their faith to endure the hardships of their cronic pain. If I am wrong, please let me know. If I am right - please let this post continue. As a Christian, this has shown me that I have friends of like faith that are suffering with the same cronic pain I am. That is an immense help.

Wordwarrior

homesheba

i have to admit- i was glad 07/24/08 03:44 AM

to see this post about christians,
    i also have wondered about it,
    in general terms such as this.
    i also am born- again believer and have been sick
    for so long, with so much different stuff
    that i believe that i would have perhaps backslidden
    to where i didnt want to be with out the Lords hand
    on me thru all this.
    nothing is by chance.
    if its an attack- then so be it-
    the Lord allows it for a reason .
    i Choose to trust Jesus thru it all,
    whatever happens.

i may be miserable at times,
    but deep down i still have Joy.
    lonely- but not Alone.

wordwarrior

Good Morning! 07/24/08 05:05 AM

Hi All-

Many of you have mentioned that you do not feel that God is attacking anyone with FM. Neither do I. If you read Job (which is where I derive my point) Satan asks to make Job's life miserable to prove to God Job really doesn't love God. God allows Satan to do this because God knows Job will pass the test. I believe it is for God's glory if God allows Satan to inflict the trial of FM on me. God knows I will pass the test.

Wordwarrior

wordwarrior

GA 07/24/08 05:11 AM

GA-

My name? The pen name "Wordwarrior" was created by me to reflect the fact that I am a writer "word", that I am a "warrior" (anyone who really knows me will tell you I'll fight with the pen or any other way I can to help anyone in trouble or to right an injustice) and "wordwarrior" together which also reflects my Christianity - a warrior who bases her life (or at least tries to) on the word of God.

Wordwarrior

JABA520

I again 07/24/08 06:38 AM

would like to say this is one of the best threads on here. It is very uplifting and helpful on a bad day to read everyone's testimony. I will be gone for a few days so have a good weekend my friends.

((((((HUGS)))))))

AMY

johnthreesixteen

butterfly83 07/24/08 07:29 AM

Perfect post....can't say it any better!

There is a great christian board at www.prophecyfellowship.org . But having said that, I also agree that healing involves mind, body and spirit. If someone starts a thread about spirituality of any kind and their struggle with illness, I am all for the right to do that even if I disagree with their particular faith. I don't think it's out of place at all.

bct

Wordworrier 07/24/08 07:40 AM

You are new. There is a worship board under the aegis of pro-HEALTH on this site. Why are you on this side of the board? I notice you haven't posted on the WORSHIP board, and I wonder why....

Blessings, and good luck,
    Barry (Buddhist)

caffey

Chrsitians with FM 07/24/08 07:48 AM

I believe that there are many root causes for fm. I also believe you can drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out. All I know is God is greater than all that and if we hang onto to Him we will make it and but He may show us the cause. At the same time it doesn't change how we feel, angry, hurt, depressed whatever. He is here to be our strengh through this and He sends people to help us. Finally I do believe in warfare but I don't dwell for it and look for the devil behind every bush. Bottom line a statement given me was Nothing touches my life until it has gone through God's hands. I hope that encourages someone today.
    Cath

kbak

Yes a Christian 07/24/08 07:54 AM

Hi,

We suffer because we live in a world that's comtaminated with sin. Remember the bible say's it rains on the just and unjust alike.

This is not heaven. While we are here we are going to have suffering. Yes, there are so many times I feel very discouraged! This stuff is no fun. I look forward to the day when we will be given a new body!

kbak

wordwarrior

Barry 07/24/08 07:58 AM

Hello-

Actually I'm here trying to deal with my FM (along with Hashimoto's Disease, TMJ, IBS, PTSD, a few bulging disks and one herniated one). I sought out friends via this forum that can relate to my pain and feelings with regards to FM. Faith/Illness is no different then Marriage/Illness, Divorce/Illness, Work/Illness, Family Relationships/Illness. I do not see a reason to move this to a spiritual board as it is primarily about how FM effects faith and how I (and others) feel about it. Faith/Illness goes hand in hand, like the other things I mentioned, that are discussed continuiously on this board, above.

Hope this causes no offense - Just my opinion.

Wordwarrior

cookie1960

BCT Post 07/24/08 07:58 AM

LOVING BARRY THE BUDDHIST!

Jorgie

[ edit | delete ]
    This post should be on the worship board 07/24/08 08:24 AM

Mikie is right.

The rules that you agreed to when you registered state
    -No political or religious discussions or debates are allowed. Controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Saying that someone is in your prayers, saying God bless to someone, or saying that your faith carries you through hard times is permitted. Any religion-related posts should be made on the Worship message board.

It's as simple as that.

2. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

Well - this is not the first time Christianity has been given the boot.

If anyone from FM wants to continue this discussion, I guess we'll have to do it here.

Wordwarrior
  3. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

Posts such as these pop up from time to time and get moved. Don't take it personally. It's happened with religious posts, lyme posts, off topic .. the list goes on.
  4. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

I'm Ok with it - just thought the post was helping a lot of FM sufferers. I do, however, feel the Atheists with FM thread should be immediately removed as well.

Wordwarrior
  5. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Wordwarrior,

I am not an Athiest. I was trying to make a point. I did delete my thread. We have rules in this community. Please don't take it personally.

~Cookie~
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Welcome to everyone who was moved here! The kind of discussion you were having is so similar to the things we ponder on, and share with each other here.

There is a lot of opportunity to share what you are going through here, and to listen to the stories of others. It's so comforting to know you're not alone.

I hope you will feel comfortable exploring the different threads - one now is favorite scriptures. You can put your prayer requests on the weekly thread with that name, also

We are enjoying a poetry thread - please join in and add favorite poems of yours, or ones you have written.

I hope you will find support, encouragement, and fellowship here.

Judy
  7. wordwarrior

wordwarrior New Member

Hi Windblade-

Thanks for the welcome. Don't know if much will be continued on this thread as it was kinda squashed. It was good while it lasted though. I'll check out the Worship site and drop in from time to time---

Wordwarrior