Moved my daughter to college today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Aug 26, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

Boy does my body hurt. All over. I took some Motrin and my Klonopin and I'm all settled in for the night. Phew!

We drove two cars full of stuff down there (an hour and a half), brought my younger daughter to help us. Bought her a college sweatshirt at the bookstore. There were students there to help bring the stuff into the dorms but we did a lot too. Her room is on the second floor....not too bad a climb. we helped her get all set up then the university had a lunch for us and then a ceremony, then the drive home. Plus the emotions. I am wiped out...

Anybody else doing that college thing?

((((((Hugs)))))))
    Michelle
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I know you are worn out and you are probably missing her already. Hopefully she will adjust just fine and won't get home-sick. You need to rest rest rest. You will probably be really sore for the next few days from climbing those stairs and carrying stuff up them. Best Wishes.

Kriket
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Oh Michelle! Glad you are finished with that adventure!
    Now, rest, rest, rest!

Thankfully, I don't have to "move" into the dorms, I just drive to school every day! I hope you both adjust easily!

College is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It probably would've been easier for me if I had done it after graduating high school, instead of waiting 20 years!

Either way...I'm wishing you both the best!

Hugs,
    E
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    I know How you feel! i have Done that twice now and cried because they had grown up and were now in college!...........................It's Hard for alittle while but soon you will realize you have more peace and Quiet in the House!! .............................................My youngest is leaving tommorow for her 2nd year in Billings MT. She was home working and playing all summer!!.....................Hugs..........Sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2006]
  5. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I will never forget the day we loaded my daughters things on the truck on her first move from home.

I bawled like a baby. This old hen was losing her baby to the world.

I felt the same way when I left her that first day in kindergarten.

After jaunting around most of the US for a while and living in Missouri 3 yrs, she now lives just down the street.

Letting that baby go is hard stuff.

Wren

6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Luckily, he's been very nice since our big altercation the other night. I think he's just scared. His girlfriend came into town from Notre Dame and she is going to help us move in tomorrow.
  7. spacee

spacee Member

He said that the house he lived in was "crappy" because it was so dirty (fraternity house). I said, "do you ever hire people to clean it". He said "yes, we call them "pledges".

He is cleaning the bathrooms himself. Until after rush week.

I can't believe it.

Spacee
  8. lifehurts

lifehurts New Member

I did the same thing last year and I will be bringing her back a month early this year because she is going to be a resident assistant. It is really hard the first few months but hopefully your daughter will call or email you often like my daughter did.

My daughter's dad and I got divorced this last year so I am dealing with triple emotional pain sending my daughter off this year. We had a wonderful summer together because she is very sensitive and helps me out with my FM/CFS. It will be hard not having her here to make me get up everyday to take small walks with her.

I hope you keep in good communication with your daughter but realize that around midterms and finals they are often really too busy to chat. If you need support from someone who has been there don't hesitate to write or email me.
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

I was okay yesterday. I guess it didn't really hit me until today. I feel very blue. Yes I am missing her. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and I felt ready to cry. Her car is still here......freshman can't have cars on campus. Her sister will have use of it once she gets her license.

The dogs are all confused....they are looking in her bedroom and sniffing around for her.

I know it will get better.

Michelle