MOVED POST Bunnyfluff and others/lyme question

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Sharon, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Sharon

Sharon New Member

missizzy
    Bunnyfluff and others/Lyme question 03/26/08 12:23 PM

Hi bunnyfluff--In your opinion, which Igenex panel should be ordered for my three sons and me? I notice on their website and from a post yesterday, that there are many panels to choose from (some quite expensive). I want to be comprehensive but not break the bank. I have Regence/Blue Cross and aren't sure if they'll cover this. My son with MS has OMIP (the state program for "uninsurable people". The other two sons have no insurance. Any suggestions?

Thanks, as always.

Missizzy

Alert us BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

bunnyfluff

I would have to look back 03/27/08 09:43 AM

but I am pretty sure I got the IgM & IgG western blot done. I was tested for co-infections, but I would have to look to see if that was a different test.

The igenex tests we have been getting cost $195, or something pretty close to that.

It looks like we were tested for West Nile, etc., thru Quest. A friend of ours tested + for Lyme, West Nile, and other co-infections. He is now in treatment, and doing well.

petstoregirl did the tests, as well. Maybe you can look at one of her posts and see which she had, as well.

I'll bump and look for more info,
    Bunny

BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

pj1954

western blot 03/27/08 10:03 AM

if your testing for lyme igenix western blot igm-igg are the ones you want. price range seems to be $195-240 dollars depending on where you have it done.

missizzy

Lyme testing 03/27/08 12:26 PM

Thank you Bunny and PJ!

Missizzy

twinofdar

Missizzy 03/27/08 02:00 PM

yes - you want the two "Western Blots"

Please keep us informed.

Your Lymie friend,

Molly